Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aux fan never comes on, even when the A/C is on. Is this normal?

I wanted to feed 12 volts to the fan to see if it is OK, but when I traced the wires back I came to this thing...

MercAuxFanTempSwitch.jpg

I'm assuming it's a temp switch because it's mounted on the radiator frame but I don't know for sure. Whatever it is, I'd like to take it apart so I can apply 12 volts to the fan motor. Does this come apart like a connector?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
I belive that is the connector.
That is indeed, just the connector. The temp switch for the Aux fan is mounted on top of the water pump housing.

To just test if the fan is working, pull of the wire from the temp switch and bridge it to ground.

Good luck!

B

Attachments

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Yes. That is the connector. You can unplug the two halves and feed power directly through that connector to check the fan itself. Common problems can be the temp sender on the thermostat housing and the relay located above the fuse box on the right side kick panel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
rick
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing