Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My 2000 S500 (65K miles)'s aux colling fan motor is RIP. I removed the whole thing and plan just to replace the motor. I found one on Pelican for about $211. Look like German part. I also found the whole assembly on Amazon for a little more ($250) but it makes by AutoHalo. I assume this is a cheapo Chinese made.

Should I get the while thing or just the motor? I can't really tell if the fan itself is bad. There is no play when I try to spin by hand. I also turn on the motor (with no load, belt off) and it did not make any sound either but when it drives the fan, it makes ticking noise.

While I have the fan off, I plan to replace the serpentine belt, tensioner pulley and idler pulley. I found most of the parts on Pelican but could not find the idler pulley. is the "Drive Belt Pulley On fan clutch bearing bracket. " the same?

While I am at it, should I check for something else? Water pump pulley, etc..? Any suggestion/tip/advice is appreciated. Man this car gives me so much trouble..My Lexus LS400 never has such problem for the past 11 years.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
Motor Only kit

From everything I've read, only change the Motor & possibly the belt connected to the motor and the fan.

I found this motor/belt for sale Here:
Motor Only Repair Part
Mercedes Auxiliary Fan Motor Only CL500 CL55 S430 S500 S55 W220
Importec, Dallas, TX; Shane, (972) 596-6965

I have used this supplier, Importec, in the past for purchase of a Behr (German) motor for W210 blower motor for A/C.

I wouldn't recommend that you change the serpentine belt/associated parts if there are no issues there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts