Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, I have noticed that my Aux fan function is not reliable. I checked on the relay and relay voltages and it seems that the power input is not reliable, any one has the wiring diagram of the aux fan? or did any one have similar issues? I already replaced all relays any input is appreciated

thanks

·
Premium Member
1975 450SL
2,440 Posts
Check the fuse itself. If it's an aluminum fuse, buff the ends with a coarse cloth (no abrasives, just denim or canvas), add a thin coating of contact grease, and replace. Do this ( ONE AT A TIME ) for all your fuses. It will prvent trouble in the future.

Scott

·
Registered
1987 560SL
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scott, I already replaced all fuses with copper ones, one other thing I noticed is that the relay just below the ovp labelled 32 keeps going on and off while the o2 sensor light goes on and off and the idle fluctuates! Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1987 560SL
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after a good hunt I found out that the engine temp sensor is not triggering, hardwiring the fan turns it on very consistently
Any advice or instructions on replacing the engine temp sensor? I already ordered one and just wondering if there are some good instructions out there,

Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts