Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know where the aux battery is on a 2012 e350 coupe "C207"

It is not in the trunk and I have taken the drivers side dash apart with no luck. All the info I can find is for a w212 that shows removing the panel on the side of the dash with a bolt holding the battery box. I do not have this. Any help would be appreciated or pictures of it's location.

Thanks
Jason

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,690 Posts
WIIS shows it in the trunk, under the paneling covering the spare tire well. It does mention that it's only on cars with the engine auto-stop feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WIIS shows it in the trunk, under the paneling covering the spare tire well. It does mention that it's only on cars with the engine auto-stop feature.
It doesn't have the ECO start thing. I have a big hole where it should be there. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EPC shows only starter battery (engine compartment).
That diagram shows another battery or would that be for an eco start?
Is it possible the car only has one, the main battery under the hood?
What is EPC and where can I get it?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grayed out #s do not apply only 10 is applicable. EPC = MB electronic parts catalog available here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=wis+epc+mercedes+&_sacat=0
It all makes sense now. Was having issues where distronic plus not working and other weird electrical issues, had read the aux batt could be the problem. Was changing the oil today and when I went to start the car after it would not start, checked the main batt volt and it wa 11.07 vdc. Put a charger on it brought it up to 12.5 car started right up, checked the volt with the car running it was 13.8 to 14.5vdc. Took for a test drive and the distronic plus worked. Gonna be buying a battery tonight.

Appreciate all the help and info.

Jaaon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
suomy1k
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing