Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the first of several posts regarding this vendor. On Sunday 8/18 I ordered a Alpine model CDM 7894 for my car. Have been checking the order status with this company for three days to determine whether my head unit had shipped. The online service indicates there is no information regarding the shipment status. There is no way to speak to a real customer support person. I have sent a series of e-mails to their service department and have received a variety of answers ranging from "the order has already shipped" (Tuesday) to "we expect to ship in 48-72 hours depending on availability and manufacturer backlog" (Wednesday), to something along the lines of "be patient and we'll get it to you as soon as we can" (Monday). So, Tuesday I was told it had shipped. Today I was told it will ship in 2 or 3 days.

This company had the lowest price I could find: $321 + s&h of $16.97. Next best was $339. "Cartoys" and others in Dallas want $399 + install + tax.

Anybody else had experience with autotoys.com? I will let you know how this turns out. I want my damn head unit, or at least know when it is going to ship.[}:)]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, UPS has my shipment. Four days after placing the order. Due for delivery on the...

Alright, UPS has my shipment. Four days after placing the order. Due for delivery on the 28th, 10 days after placing my order. Maybe that's what you get for the discount.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
epilogue

If you decide to order from these guys, you will find that they will only ship to the address the credit card you use is billed. Also, you have to be present when UPS delivers. I left UPS a note to leave the package inside my front gate and lock it behind them. I went to the gym and on my way back saw the truck driving away. I thought "alright!" but decided to drive by the front before pulling into the garage. The package wasn't there but a note saying the sender required signature. So I jumped back in the MB and used about 175 of the available 220 horses to catch the driver and GOT MY DAMN HEAD UNIT! Yeeeee Haaawww!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts