Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my first 'awakening' that having a Mercedes isn't going to be like other cars... this is my first MB - a 1992 600 SEL... when I tried to insure it - I was sent to the 'high risk group' of Hartford Insurance and given a rate based on a high risk group of drivers... (I haven't had a ticket or claim in 25 years...) So my question is whether there is a particular insurance company that is more favorable to MB than other companies? I'm currently with State Farm and that may be the best place to stay...?<br> <br> Warmly,<br> <br> Kathy <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
State Farm has good rates. In ALL other respects, they are horrible.<br> <br> If you qualify (must have a military connection), USAA is superb.<br> <br> Otherwise, try Geico and Progressive. Your premium to them doesn't include a payment to a useless agent.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kathy,<br>
All insurance company's rip off consumers, some more than others. The consumer has to pay for all the uninsured motorist on the streets. Your best bet is to shop around using the web. Sites like insweb.com where you can get quotes from many company's a one time. I just used this site and saved $500.00 yearly on my three auto's. Bye the way, the company I went with is Kemper.<br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kathy,<br> <br> I have made my shopping not long ago, and Progressive came up with the best deal by far.<br> <br> By the way, looks like you finally decided for the SL600. Good shot!!! It is a dream car.<br> <br> Good Luck!!!!!!!!!<br> <br> Rene

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your suggestions! I finally have my car in possession and for the moment have it covered with State Farm... I'll decide a little later if that's a permanent decision...<br> <br> Thank you again!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're in California, you should try Wawanesa. Give them your info and they'll send you an itemized quote in a couple of days. Very straight forward company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts