Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I disconnect the auto volume control? Take it to the dealer is not the answer I am looking for.

I have a 2004 ML 350 with the Bose system. The automatic volume control is not functioning properly. To be exact it is working perfectly wrong. The volume goes way up when I slow down and the ambient noise gets quite, but when I pick up speed on the highway and have more background noise the radio volume goes down to the point that I can't hear the radio at all.

Searching has turned up that the volume control is part of the bose amp, not the MC unit. Supposedly there is a sequence of buttons you can push on the MC unit that provides access to a hidden set up menus. But I have not been able to find the code that works on my unit. The sequences I have found while searching reference buttons that don't exist on my MC unit

Someone also wrote the wire to the mic can be cut, but they indicated the mic was at the rear of sunroof. This is not the case on my ML 350, there is nothing but headliner behind the sunfroof.

Can someone tell me either what wire to cut at the bose amp, where the mic is, or how to access the hidden menu?

Sorry if this has been answered, I have searched for several hours and not been able to find what I need.

Thanks

SI

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Ml320
106 Posts
This has been covered numerous times on this forum. You must remove the interior rear view mirror, and disconnect the microphone wire and leave it disconnected.
Is this only 2002 plus models? Mine is a 2000 without bose but it has MCS and it seems to do this. Or is just losing signal like I stated a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm,

My mirror does not look like that and it does not appear to have a microphone in it.

There is what appears to be a microphone nearby the overhead consule, but I am not sure how to get to it.

searching...

SI

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,937 Posts
Hmmm,

My mirror does not look like that and it does not appear to have a microphone in it.

There is what appears to be a microphone nearby the overhead consule, but I am not sure how to get to it.

searching...

SI
The microphone you mentioned is for the Anti Theft sensing of glass breakage. Believe me, the microphone is a one wire connector under the rear view mirror marked B25/6 in the diagram. You will have to remove the overhead console and then the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK,

I am glad I did not diconect the other microphone last night. I am going to tackle this project Friday.

I will report back on how it goes.

Thanks!

SI

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes ML350 SE, 2004 Mercedes ML350, 1999 Mercedes C280, 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
547 Posts
ok guys took the 05 down to the dealership and got my radio volume turned off but the volume is still automatically adjusting. he said that he couldnt change the settings in the bose amp, so i wanted to know if there is something else that i can do. i have subwoofers in the 05 and it sounds crappy every time the bass hits. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts