Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am researching Mercedes Benz automatic transmission control systems and could really do with a list of the software versions and release dates for all Mercedes automatics. I am not sure if anyone is able to help but would be very grateful for any info.

Thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
You need to say what car you have and the year or it is impossible to answer.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Assuming that type of information was available online, which it is not, it would take months to put it all together, MB and Daimler got together in the 1920's. I think you would be lucky to get detailed information on just one model year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your posts.

I am aware that it may be a very broad question, for which I apologise. To be more specific, I was hoping that there may have been a tech sheet or such that listed the automatic gearbox software versions and release dates. Naturally the question only applies to the much later transmissions, basically anything 2006 onwards tends to be field bus controlled meaning that the internal computer reads from various vehicle sensors to know what gear to slip into. It is the software running within these units that interests me. Thanks again

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Thanks for your posts.

I am aware that it may be a very broad question, for which I apologise. To be more specific, I was hoping that there may have been a tech sheet or such that listed the automatic gearbox software versions and release dates. Naturally the question only applies to the much later transmissions, basically anything 2006 onwards tends to be field bus controlled meaning that the internal computer reads from various vehicle sensors to know what gear to slip into. It is the software running within these units that interests me. Thanks again
This would narrow it down to two types of transmission, namely the 722.6 and the 722.9 series. But I do not have the sort of data you are looking for sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts