Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 300TE wagon.In cold weather, if climate control is in "normal" position and fan control speed is set to "auto", should it take awhile for fan to come on until the coolant has warmed up? The fan will come on immediately if I set fan control speed to either "high" or "low".

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds normal to me. My car does precisely the same thing. How long it takes to come on would likely depend on the setting of the temperature control wheel and the ambient temperature of the cabin. There is a small fan in your dash which samples the temp and perhaps it takes a few minutes for it to take a reading and tell the auto climate control how to proceed from that point to the desired temp.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
alexnatt - 3/6/2005 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum. Sounds normal to me. My car does precisely the same thing. How long it takes to come on would likely depend on the setting of the temperature control wheel and the ambient temperature of the cabin. There is a small fan in your dash which samples the temp and perhaps it takes a few minutes for it to take a reading and tell the auto climate control how to proceed from that point to the desired temp.
Here is everything that you will ever want to know on the A/C.
I appologize about the site being slow for the next week or so...

http://mb.braingears.com/124_DISC1/Program/climate_manual.htm

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts