Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 SE (1989), 304,000 km.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AutohausAz's suspension parts -- any good?

Hey folks,

I haven't been able to locate Bilstein Comforts yet. Although I did find these shocks at AutohausAz:

Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s)

Any of you guys used these shocks -- are they any good?

And my local spare-parts store has
Bilstein B4 Gas -- are they any good?

Autohaus also offers these coil springs, in the link below:

Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s)

What do you think of these Meyles?

And then my local spare-parts store has these springs:

Kilen -- any good?
K&F -- any good?

Which of the shocks and springs would you select?

Cheers,
RS ;)

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Here is a link to another parts place that will match prices.

Mercedes Benz Parts 1984 500SEL Mercedes Benz Shock Absorber

You can select comforts or HD. They also carry the bump stops for the shock but I donn't know if it is the long or the short one. Call them up with a lower price and "Mike" in India will meet or beat the price. The spring shock comb depends on what you want. Most people go for a lower stance with H&R springs and HD shocks for the better cornering, ect, at the expense of some ride comfort.

·
Registered
500 SE (1989), 304,000 km.
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AzimuthAviation said:
Here is a link to another parts place that will match prices.

Mercedes Benz Parts 1984 500SEL Mercedes Benz Shock Absorber

You can select comforts or HD. They also carry the bump stops for the shock but I donn't know if it is the long or the short one. Call them up with a lower price and "Mike" in India will meet or beat the price. The spring shock comb depends on what you want. Most people go for a lower stance with H&R springs and HD shocks for the better cornering, ect, at the expense of some ride comfort.
Hi Azimuth,

Thanks for that info. However, I just tried to get into that site, and it comes a blank. "Trouble loading page" message. :crybaby2:I'm using the Firefox browser.

-- RS

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
Mercedessource.com has surprisingly good prices on Bilstein comfort shocks. $ 112-$ 120 per pair I think. He also sells heavy duty Billsteins. He also includes iillustrated instructions and a 10 mm torx socket you need to install these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts