Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport Sedan
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this. Do they carry the crank sensor and brake light switch? Anyone have the part#. '99 E320 sedan. I would like to get them from one place. Dealer is 200 miles away. thanks

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport Sedan
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10/98 build date

so the early '99 brake switch is a dealer only item? My car was built 10/98. I need to find this stuff online. Going 200 miles to the dealer won't work.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
No relation to topic but made an order last night for a $300 dollar purchase and a person named Phil or somethin answered and just kept saying yes . I said , what do you need from me? He said after saying yes several times, the order #. I gave him the order # and said that it's in transit. I was looking at the website and when he said that , the scrreen showed the Tracking # . Very upsetting. I think he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Ahhhhhh!
I believe, for someone making a regular order every now and then , I deserved to be treated well.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Try Ron

at germanstar.net
or get a quote from autohausaz.com from that section of the web site.They will source and price it for you.Or wait till monday and I will get a delivered price wholesale for you.
ohlord:bowdown:
pm me if you need it

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
so the early '99 brake switch is a dealer only item? My car was built 10/98. I need to find this stuff online. Going 200 miles to the dealer won't work.
Hey, Six. Look at yours to be sure. It's either a 4 plug or a six plug, round connector or spade. This is the 4-plug round connector:

and this is the 6-pin spade connector:

The latter is the newer so just order for a 2000 and the former is the older, order for a 98.

FWIW, those pics are from diyautoparts.com, a place I am going to try for my next order. I really like autohausaz but it's nice to have another one. That attitude must be why I am single. :)

No relation to topic but made an order last night for a $300 dollar purchase and a person named Phil or somethin answered and just kept saying yes . I said , what do you need from me? He said after saying yes several times, the order #. I gave him the order # and said that it's in transit. I was looking at the website and when he said that , the scrreen showed the Tracking # . Very upsetting. I think he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Ahhhhhh!
I believe, for someone making a regular order every now and then , I deserved to be treated well.
I've read the quoted paragraph at least four times and still don't understand the issue. Did you place the order on line and you're trying to find it? Why didn't you just use the tracking number? If you want it faster, pay for it instead of the free ground shipping. Or did you order it by phone? It's terribly confusing the way you've written it.

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport Sedan
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
parts are shipped

I e=mailed this morning and asked about the brake switch. they only show the one. They have both. The switch and the cps have already been shipped.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I e=mailed this morning and asked about the brake switch. they only show the one. They have both. The switch and the cps have already been shipped.
Through 99 diyautoparts only shows the big black one as well, I thought you'd someplace else heard it might be a different one.

I can sympathize with the remoteness (tinge of jealousy here, there's nothing remote about the bay area) and with the desire to just order stuff on line, but you're in a model change year, so if you ever have the dilemma just look at the old part before you order the new one. Often you may also be able to take the old part number and use it to locate and order the new part.

Last thought, bookmark Duval Motorcars - New & Used Mercedes-Benz, Jeep Dealer Showroom at 3525 NW 97th Boulevard Gainesville, Florida (FL) 32606. There are many things that are dealer-only, and duval is an MB dealer that sells at a decent discount and will ship to you, so you can stay home and happy. Click the parts tab on the home page and complete the request form (including your VIN) and they'll get back to you with a quote, then call with your credit card number to place the order.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E430SportMB

I've read the quoted paragraph at least four times and still don't understand the issue. Did you place the order on line and you're trying to find it? Why didn't you just use the tracking number? If you want it faster, pay for it instead of the free ground shipping. Or did you order it by phone? It's terribly confusing the way you've written it.

Sorry, the ordered stuff just got in today. Couldnt understand the situation with Autohausaz.
I ordered items Tuesday night and checked this morning but no tracking #. I called them this afternoon and talked to a person and quite irritated me. I was just asking if what happened to my orders. He felt lazy talking to me and so when I gave him the order # , the tracking # came on the screen. I don't if he did that or UPS did.

It's ok now. Never mind. Just a misunderstanding probably. My fault.
I Couldn't believe UPS came knocking an hour and a half later with my first order.
Sorry Greg. Made you feel hyper there a bit. LOL !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts