Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes E-class W210 E200 Kompressor
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I buy New diagnostic tool and meet some problems which i did not expect will have.
I can connect with other cars but with my can not,did any of you have a similar problem and if someone had, how did you remove it?

the error is - the car does not respond properly
the diagnostic feature is not supported by the vehicle (but this is impossible)

AutoCOM CDP+
Mercedes-Benz W210 E200K/186 h.p/ 2000 year

I apologize for spelling.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,362 Posts
Hello:)

What were you trying to diagnose ? ECU ? TCM ? ABS ?

What port were you using to connect Autocomm ? 38 pin connector ?

If 38 pin diagnostic connector under the hood, have you used the correct cable ? If you used one of those generic OBD to 38 pin adapters, it will not work. You need to use an adapter specific to Autocomm / Delphi / Opus / WOW.

What is the exact error and in what context ? Can you take a picture of the screen and post it here ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no matter what I'm trying to diagnose nothing answers.
will leave a photo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
1) when you plug the 38 pin plug to the socket under the hood, do you see the blue lights on the unit EVEN with the key is not in the ignition ?

2) With the ignition key in position 2 ("run" position with the dashboard lights on) and you start a single test (for example the ECU), Do you hear clicks from the test box, and see blinking LEDs on the box?

3) Are you using bluetooth or the USB connection to the laptop ? Try the USB connection first and make sure that the laptop communicates with the test box.

4) I see that you have the correct plug adapter (one of the 8 that came out with the cable set ?). Make sure it is properly inserted to the 38 pin socket of the car.

5) Does your car have an OBD (or EOBD) port inside the car ? In the USA we have both but for EU models possibly it is not available ? Check the under dash at the driver's side.

6) If you have some other car that you access (not necessarily an MB), you can test if the unit works at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) Yes

2) yes i hear

3) i use USB connection

4) yes this adapter came with diagnostic

5) i don't have Euro OBD inside.i have only one under the hood old OBD

6) i test it on BMW and everything works.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Are you sure your engine is M111.942, but not M111.947 ?

Try 111.947 in the engine selection ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes my engine is M111.947 and i try with, don't look at the photos.
I tried with all the engines but it did not work...

I'm starting to think the problem is in the connector but still i can't be sure...

·
Registered
2001 W210 E320
96 Posts
YOU DID A PIN OUT OF THIS CABLE AND THE PLUG INS ON THE 38 SOCKET FOR SCANNING THE TCU? CAN YOU KINDLY SHOW THE LINK

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
I did, and if you have a 38-pin connector, 16-pin female connector with a pigtail with 16 wires in it, and a steady hand to solder wires onto the 38-pin connector pins, per mapping, you should be able to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys

I buy New diagnostic tool and meet some problems which i did not expect will have.
I can connect with other cars but with my can not,did any of you have a similar problem and if someone had, how did you remove it?

the error is - the car does not respond properly
the diagnostic feature is not supported by the vehicle (but this is impossible)

AutoCOM CDP+
Mercedes-Benz W210 E200K/186 h.p/ 2000 year

I apologize for spelling.
Hello my friend.
Did you solve the problem with disagnostics?
I have the exactly the same problem as you have.
If you hqve solution please let me know.
Thanks!
Best regards from croatia!
Davor

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Make sue that the fuse that supplies power to the 38 pin connector is not blown and the 38 pin connector, pin 3 has 12V. Also check the ground (pin 1). If you have power on the 38 pin connector, the Autocomm unit will power up (blue lights) even with the key out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make sue that the fuse that supplies power to the 38 pin connector is not blown and the 38 pin connector, pin 3 has 12V. Also check the ground (pin 1). If you have power on the 38 pin connector, the Autocomm unit will power up (blue lights) even with the key out.
Hello,
I have power on adapter even without ignition and when i try to connect i hear clicking in vci adapter and at the end it says Vehicle not responding.
Vci test is ok so adapter should work properly. My car is w210, E290td,1997. If you have any more idea i would preciate that?.
Thanx!

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
Have you tried to access the other modules than the IFI (engine computer) ? Like the Traction, Climate control, Ignition switch, Airbags, etc ?

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
194 Posts
Oooh this sounds so familiar. Got my eye on this thread as I still havent been able to communicate with any module on my car. Even though she runs like a dream

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
194 Posts
Just reading through the comments again, MrB, you asked if the scanner powers up even without the key in the switch, mine doesnt do that, only powers up when key is in the ignition and turned to position 2. Is that cause for concern?

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,657 Posts
Yes, you are supposed to have battery with the key out. Both OBD and 38 pin is supposed to get battery voltage at all times regardless of the key.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts