Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
v230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have had a couple of issues with the autobox on my 99 v230, its done 77thou miles and what has happened a couple of times at random is ive turned the ignition on and the trans lamp has failed to go out and if you put it in gear it clunks very hard but if i turn the ignition off an back on the lamp goes off and drives spot on again, ive eliminated the auto fluid as i have changed that and it has done it twice since and i also know that its not overheating as 1 of the times after i changed the fluid it was first thing in the morning so was cold ! anybody got any ideas. when the lamp is off it drives like new as i said 77thou full mb history and only 2 owners

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
The best advice is take it to merc indie near you and get it on a star machine, you have done all the obvious things on it. Diagnostic should only cost £30 or so and at least you will know exactly what is wrong

Martin

·
Registered
v230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without the lamp lit on the dash will it show the fault code on a star machine? as the lamp is random so dont want to waste good money if the garage just says no light no problem and thats £30 + vat please

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
You don't have to have the light on to store fault codes, they will be stored in the ecu if there is a fault with any of the systems covered

Martin

·
Registered
v230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, so i need to find some one with a star system in or near sheffield but pref not mb, anybody help with that? who has had good service somewhere nearby?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts