Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are planing a trip to germany and wondering if the autobahn is really worth renting a car, first off is it as fun and exciting as i think it is unlimited speed and not having to watch your back for cops? or are there only certian places and lots of crappy rules? our trip would only be for a couple of days in germany, through the south from paris to stuggart/(hockenhiem the race) and then south to italy, i am the only one who really cares about it and even couldnt drive but still would if its that good experence it
any comments or suggestions also i got a german road altlas and it is the most confusing thing i have ever looked at the only road i know of that is limitless is the A31? by the Brabus plant (from the latest issue of Evo) and cant really tell

thanks

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Can't comment on the Autobahn but if you ever come to the UK catch a ferry over to the I...

Can't comment on the Autobahn but if you ever come to the UK catch a ferry over to the Isle of Man. The mountain section of the TT course (normal road) is unlimited. Whilst not as long a road it has some interesting corners and there's nothing like the experience of going 100mph+ round a corner and either hitting thick fog or seeing a sheep in front of you[:0].

Imagine roads like this with traffic coming the other way[8D]

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I think only part of the Autobahn has no limit. The rest has. But would still give you e...

I think only part of the Autobahn has no limit. The rest has. But would still give you enough time for your trill. You can check the websites on the famous highway. Good lucks and have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts