Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the forum and unfortunately instead of input I have to start out with a question...sorry[:(]

The problem is, my 2001 CLK320 windows are acting up. When I hit the auto-up or express-up or whatever you want to call it, the windows go to the top and then drop down about 2 inches after they reach the top. If I use the first "soft" position on the switch, they will stay up. My dealer told me to reset them using the following method:

Key in position 2 - put all windows down with "soft" buttons - hold for 5 seconds - put all windows up with soft buttons - hold for 5 seconds - key off. Voila...supposed to be reset. But it's not.

Any suggestions? Do I have the sequence wrong? Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
CLK 55
73 Posts
i'm having the same issue once again[:(!]
i was told that the memory control unit needs to be replaced. I have yet to do it though.
Let me know if you figure it out. Good luck!

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
I used to have this happen. Only happened occasionally. I used to find it amusing actually when frineds would be in the car and I'd fuck with them, lol. It stopped after time for me. Not that big a deal i guess.

·
Registered
1998 CLK200
19 Posts
don`t bother to reset it; i have the same problem but i noticed on a 6 month period that this happends only when it rain or after i wash the car. never happened to me when there was no water. i think you`ll have to dispatch the doors panels and clear the whole mechanic maybe some oil it`s needed too. this is not a maf problem..; .. i didn`t done it yet because it doesn`t bother me , it happends rarely but i`ll do it sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts