Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Blue/Black 1998 MERC CL500
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Im just wondering what the actual reason for the W140s auto window movement is.

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,533 Posts
Hi Wobblylegs
How r you going up there in that flashy Car ,loL.
Dont know if i understand this right but the Windows go like this " you press the button holding it and the Window goes up or down stopping in the desired Position when you let go of the Button, if you press the button a bit stronger down you should feel a slight Click ( just slightly ) and that would activate the 1 click open /Close feature ,meaning that by quickly pressing the Button with a bit more force, the window would go down all the Way on its own by not pressing the Button anymore ,comes in prettty handy at times.
If you for example stick a finger into the Window while it is closing ,the Windows safety shut of should also engage meaning it would not close all the way due to an obstacle in the way ( your Finger ) .
Please dont try it with your Fingers ,find some friend fingers to Test this out ,sometimes it dosnt work,loL.
Ciao :thumbsup:

The Original Remote Key also closes & opens the Windows for the programmed Position including the Sunroof if fitted .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey merc by auto window movement I mean why do the Windows lower an inch or so when you close or open the doors.Is it a cabin pressure thing or is it to do with the doorseals?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,533 Posts
Hey merc by auto window movement I mean why do the Windows lower an inch or so when you close or open the doors.Is it a cabin pressure thing or is it to do with the doorseals?
Aah right ,LoL .Yeah i thing it was mentioned here on the Forum once ,i can only belive that it has to do with the Airpreassure ,mine dosnt do that as it's Selfclosing ,must be either just a Coupe extra Feature OR your doors dont close themselfs but instead do the Window trick wich is an awesome Feature in my point of View .
Ciao :thumbsup:

I knew i understood that Question wrong , I said to myself "can it be that Wobbylegs dosnt know why Windows can be Open'd ,they are not just there to say Hello to the Girls passing by, LoL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on merc give me some credit,and as for the coupe still awesome man still only got 81000 kms my friend bought an 02 monaro and thought that was a nice coupe till I rocked up at the building site in my CL500 its about a foot wider and about a tonne heavier now that's a real man's coupe! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1998 140.070 CL500, 1966 406.121 U65
1,463 Posts
Both,

Firstly to do with the door seals, then perhaps the cabin pressure, since you do
not have a rigid way of holding the window firmly in place until after the door is closed,
and windows raised into upper frame.

Imagine if it does not go up/down, with you slamming the door, and that the windows is
only supposed to have pressure towards the frame, I guess it
would be flapping as the pressure tries to escape? And not be as quiet as now.

And as for self closing; most CLs have Close Assist, though for the doors, they hardly need it.
The heavy door, without air resistance because of the dropped windows, just slam shut, regardless.

br,
syljua

1 - 6 of 6 Posts