Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on two forums and didn't come up with anything conclusive regarding speed sensitive automatic volume control. I'd like to be able to disable the function. I looked in the manual and it makes no reference to controlling this feature. Is this possible to change this in the Star Diag. or how about the service menu codes that some times show up in these threads?

Is everyone just living with this auto volume control? I find it gets too low when stopped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm actually looking to do the same thing on 2008 E class, it gets annoying at times when i'm driving, some days my harmon and kardon system sounds amazing and some days it sooooo quite and it makes me soo mad....does anyone know how to shut it off

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did a search on two forums and didn't come up with anything conclusive regarding speed sensitive automatic volume control. I'd like to be able to disable the function. I looked in the manual and it makes no reference to controlling this feature. Is this possible to change this in the Star Diag. or how about the service menu codes that some times show up in these threads?

Is everyone just living with this auto volume control? I find it gets too low when stopped.
Is this like an extra option because my uncle has a 2002 S430 and when the window is down the volume will increase by it self but on my 2001 S500 i tried it and it dosent seem to work any ideas how to activate it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Heys guys i got a 02 s430 and when i brake suddenly the volume goes down, man i thought i had wiring prob somewhere in the car i didnt know it was like that. thanks for the info, keep us posted on anymore details about this Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't think this feature can be turned off and it is standard feature by Bose. There may be a way for MB Dealers to de-activate it but I don't recall seeing an option in COMAND that allow to change this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts