Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

W163 and General M Gremlin
Welcome to BW Peter,
Good to have you as a new member.

You've posted on the General Forum.

If you could kindly,
Complete your BW registration profile
so members may better assist you, seeing and knowing what you drive.
Goto your ===> user CP profile====> click on your icon (top right corner of the webpage) ----> then click on "Account Settings"----> goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR (i.e. 01 ml320) into your Profile ----> click save.
YOUR vehicle info will then show/display under your username & avatar
(on the left side) once it is completed.
Members will then see your avatar car info & know what you drive if replying.

Registered
2004 S430 W220
On the W220, the side mirrors can be programmed to fold in when locking the doors with the remote control. Just go thru menus using the buttons on the steering wheel. It is also described in the user manual.

W220 Moderator
On the W220, the side mirrors can be programmed to fold in when locking the doors with the remote control.
Only if it has the correct Drivers side DCM, ICM and EIS which if it's an early car it doesn't unless they have been replaced ;)

Took me ages to get it to work on my 2002, and that car had already had a Cluster replacement and EIS ;)

If it is a lower spec Facelift Car then yes, SDS DAS will code it all to work ;)

HTH (y)

2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, 2005 E320 CDI, and 2006 S500 4Matic
You do have to hold it, at least on USA cars. It will fold in, or go out as appropriate, for as long as you hold the button. There are times my wife has used this feature to adjust the mirrors on her S500 because, unlike me, she's not all that tall, so this works out for her.

W220 Moderator
Later cars have one touch fold, if you got that then it is easier to get Auto Fold upon lock and Auto Unfold upon unlock & open door ;)

The Car must have correct EIS Type and or Coding, Correct Cluster and correct Drivers DCM plus some codings to get it all to work, I did mine that long ago I can't remember exactly, but I know I got the one touch to work first then the final piece of the puzzle was to swap DCM and code it and whammo, they work ;)

That was why @johnksss asked that question ;)

2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, 2005 E320 CDI, and 2006 S500 4Matic
Ah, gotcha. Wife's car is pre-facelift, so that may be the difference.

Reactions: Dave2302

Registered
2001 S430
You do have to hold it, at least on USA cars. It will fold in, or go out as appropriate, for as long as you hold the button. There are times my wife has used this feature to adjust the mirrors on her S500 because, unlike me, she's not all that tall, so this works out for her.
Mine is USA and I do not have to hold it.

Mine is USA and I do not have to hold it.
Interesting...must be a programmatic setting, then. The wife's car, we do. And we consider that a feature. I'm going to look more into this, so I'm kinda glad this came up for discussion.

Registered
2001 S430
Interesting...must be a programmatic setting, then. The wife's car, we do. And we consider that a feature. I'm going to look more into this, so I'm kinda glad this came up for discussion.
It was one of my later reasons for coming to this forum. How to get auto folding and 1 touch to work. And was told many times it could not be done. When in fact any year can be made to have this feature. Dave knows of my adventures down this path.

And the key to your adventure.... You have to have the right EIS before you can get anything to work. With out that, having everything else will not work. Technically speaking.... You don't even need the Instrument cluster. That is only for soft on and off of the feature. If activated using Star (Or dealer level software for Android or iPhones) then it's permanent. (I have a 2001 Instrument cluster that I repaired and a 2006 that is currently in the car now. And with the 2001 Installed which did not come with the features still works with auto folding and 1 touch) The correct EIS is the one that activates the 1 touch feature which is 100% needed for auto fold to work.

W220 Moderator
Yes 100% agreed with @johnksss .................

So I had the Cluster with setting, and the later EIS as it had been replaced, getting 1 touch function was easy, but i couldn't get the Auto Fold upon lock or unlock until I actually installed a later facelift DCM.

I did put the p/n somewhere in that convo we had way back, but I'm absolutely snowed under and don't have time to look right now ..............

What I do remember is I bought both drivers and passengers DCM's from that F/L W220, but they worked fine as soon as I installed just the Drivers DCM, so the other one never got fitted ;)

If the TV is sh1te one evening I'll trawl that convo and see if I can find the p/n for @cowboyt ;)

Registered
2001 S430
Uhg, I just had it out of the car to check my passenger side ir sensor not working. (That was user error on my part. I forgot to plug the cable back in) facepalm.
I think you are correct. I swapped those so many times I do not remember if my 2001's had the option in them, but they had missing buttons so I replaced them back then. I replaced that mirror module a few times think it was that also.

Edit: Here is the driver DCM
Part# for passenger side 2208211679
Colorfulness Font Screenshot Software Technology

Registered
2009 E350 4M Avant Garde, My Mistress 2002 S600, Wife 2014 C300 4M Avant Garde with AMG
to my knowledge the auto function folding with deleted by MB with all replacement clusters (although the menu still shows it)

W220 Moderator
To my knowledge it wasn't deleted, rather it was the other way around ;)

The Menu Setting showing in Cluster can be turned on and off via Version Coding, but still doesn't work unless the Cluster has the correct Firmware ;)

Sigh...they should've just used the same firmware all the way through the S-classes and made it simple.

These cars have been teaching me why the word, "kompliziert" is so common in Deutsch. :)

• Haha

Registered
2001 S430
Sigh...they should've just used the same firmware all the way through the S-classes and made it simple.

These cars have been teaching me why the word, "kompliziert" is so common in Deutsch. :)
You might get off easier than you think....In SDS, check for vehicle version under EIS for body. If you are set to My 99/X 01/1 blah blah blah.... change it to the next one down. this should turn on your auto 1 touch function and enable you to get auto fold to work if your DCM's are the correct ones. You will know immediately. Set it and apply, then touch your mirror button to see if it works.

I might try that on Dad鈥檚 car, also a model year 2000. Can鈥檛 do it on the wife鈥檚 S500 because she actually uses the 鈥済o until you release the button鈥 functionality.

Registered
2001 S430
I might try that on Dad鈥檚 car, also a model year 2000. Can鈥檛 do it on the wife鈥檚 S500 because she actually uses the 鈥済o until you release the button鈥 functionality.
That feature actually comes in handy from time to time.(being able to push and hold for mirror adjust) And no simple way to go back and forth between the two either...:(

For the 2000 it should be set to what I posted above. My99 for cars with a 2000 release is what i suspect it was set for. I tried My 01/02/03 and it works on those years. There is also another setting for getting the updated menus in the ICM, but this also depends on your cluster as to how many new options are added. And not all options will work either.(Depends on what car is coded for and modules installed)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts