Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
I have just noticed that the automatic gearbox park mechanism does not work on my V-class. When I select park, on a slight slope, there is a repeated clunking as the vehicle rolls backwards! Presumably, there is a pin which normally engages into one of a series of holes, but now it is either bent or damaged and doesn't engage.

Does anyone have any advice? Is the pin easily to get at?
Greetings,
Christof

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear All,
Sorry that I am talking to myself again.....I posted much the same message on the German V-class website, and got a reply saying that the autobox linkage needed some adjustment. He was right! I removed the ashtray (there are two screws at the bottom to undo, and some clips at the sides), loosened the locking nuts and tightened the linkage with a couple of revolutions. Hey presto, the park locking mechanisms now works. One happier V-class owner! Why on earth Mercedes-Benz can't provide us with this information I will never know. They do seem to be a company that doesn't care much about its 'used' client base.
Greetings,
Christof
PS Now I have to deal with the glow plug problem.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
My vito has a similar problem, when I engage park, it rolls forward or backwards until the park engages..whereas before it used to be locked as soon as you put it in park..

Can you describe to me exaclty where this mechansim is on te V class, may be the same for the vito..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts