Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320 - 1999 SLK 230 Kompressor - Ford F150
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for some time, I do not post much, Usually I can find plenty of helpful info on this sight. I have tried the search functions but have not been able to find my problem.
1999 SLK 230 always garaged, seldom driven in rain. The remote quit working so I replaced the batts, and reprogrammed according to manual.
Used to be able to point remote at car push button and doors would lock/unlock lights flash etc. Now nothing.
The locks work with the key in the door, or the inside door lock switch work fine, top works just fine. (turn signals intermittent but I found a thread on that)
Is there an alarm module or something that may have gone bad? I did check all fuses. I am an aircraft mechanic so I do know my way around a toolbox.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
99 Posts
You may have reprogrammed it incorrectly. I changed the batteries in my key when I found the remote wouldn't work unless I was standing next to the car.
I didn't reprogramme anything and it now works perfectly from 20ft away.

Colin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither remote works, after changing batts and reprogramming, The light comes on on the remote, but the car is not receiving the signal for some reason.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I'll try it again this afternoon, I assume that the programming instructions in the owners manual are correct? Or is there a programming trick thay are not telling me?
Thanks, I'll post results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help, reprogrammed the key, unplugged the PSE and checked the connectors, all super clean and in great shape. The car still locks and unlocks, just not with the remote, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
99 Posts
Sorry. Beats me, I can only say again that I didn't have to reprogramme it when I replaced my batteries. One more possibility comes to mind if you replaced the batteries in both your keys. Could they have been fitted with reversed polarity? (Maybe the light still works but not the remote transmitter?)

Colin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try pulling the PSE out and opening it up, It does not appear to have ever been wet, BUT it is always very humid here in the south (Atlanta Ga area).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts