Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have a problem with the system because the headlights will not level themselves
Sensor,control module and motors are all good because the mechanic was able to move them from the computer when he scanned the car
Right now they r off preaty bad so is it because of that that they r not working?
I will try to level them but i want to know if there is something else to pay attention at?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
What you describe sounds like improperly aimed headlights. For lack of the correct technical speak, the auto level feature levels the headlight based on how much sag is detected. For example, you put a ton of bricks in the truck, it sags and the system will adjust the headlights accordingly. It does not correct for badly aimed headlights. You still have to aim them properly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My impression was that when i start the car headlights go up and when u stop they park down as my buddys x5 lights do
Is this not the case?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello
Can some please point me to the location of the rear Headlight range sensor for 2002 ml55. I bought the car used without this part I and have already bought a replacement. I would like to install it myself. Any help would greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello
Can some please point me to the location of the rear Headlight range sensor for 2002 ml55. I bought the car used without this part I and have already bought a replacement. I would like to install it myself. Any help would greatly appreciated
Check the location just ahead of the right rear axle shaft.
That's where it's located on our neighbors w210.

As well, have you checked the headlight motors themself?

·
Registered
290 Posts
You have a swirvel sensor on the back, near axle, and near the front axel. Why dont you first try and disconnect one, move it up and down whilst the car is on / lights on and see if the headlights move ?

If yes, then you can manually adust the aim by using an allen key and adjust on the headlight. If not, then the sensors arent working.

SBK

·
Premium Member
16,712 Posts
Hello

Here are the locations.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,447 Posts
It's been ~7 years since the original post to this thread, and I just realized that the OP's question was never answered after Lord Braska totally hijacked the OP's post. Adika, if you are still on the forum, did you ever get the headlights properly set?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Darkmann
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing