Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the sensor on the hood but my headlight switch doesn't have an auto selection.. in the manual it shows that the switch has Auto.. not getting this.. read on here that there may be a section in cluster for manual constent or auto but the instructions for an 00 show the selector with auto but the cluster with only manual/constent.. Can this be added?

·
Registered
678 Posts
The auto lamp selection should be on your manual rotory switch... the typical six position switch that has: left parking lamps only; right parking lamps only; off; auto; all parking lamps only; full on with headlamps. (and then you have the two postioin pull-out selections for front fog lamps and then front and rear fog lamp(s))

The cluster menu should only have two: manual and constant to either activate or deactivate the auto light sensor and basically provide you with DRL.

Now I say this as I am only familiar with the 03+ models, so if there is some differences with the 00 model you should be able to find your particular set up in your owners manual, and if you do not have a hard copy, you can pull down a soft copy from MB USA's website and review to see how your 00 model was set up.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. The '00 doesn't have an auto switch. You have to set it via cluster. The '03 does have an auto switch.
Hi there, thank you I figured something like this.. even though the instructions from the MB site for 00 shows it on the dial.. so if I go to lighting on cluster I can set it to auto? So the lights will come on when it's dark even if the switch is off? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah, I thought it was strange that my 2000 didn't have the auto position too, but then found it in one of the clusters menu's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts