Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the owner's manual, if you press and hold the unlock button on your remote, the windows will lower (or go up if locking). Can't get mine to do that. Any ideas for a fix?

·
Registered
01 C320
21 Posts
mine didnt work so I tried what was suggested by Buellwinkle and it now works perfectly, kinda cool.

·
Registered
2001 C320 Sport
37 Posts
This feature uses infrared to work, you have to point the base of the key towards the infrared reciever located on the door handle.

I find the feature to be pretty useless. If you could open the windows from further away or if you didn't have to hold it down the entire time then it would be much better.

·
Registered
2005 E320 Sedan
411 Posts
Are you sure? Mine raises and lowers all four windows and opens/closes the sunroof. The thing is *wonderful* coming out to the car from work in summer - beats getting slow-roasted...

·
Registered
2001 C320
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried it standing right next to the driver's side door. Didn't work. I'll try your recommendation -- thanks for the response!

·
Registered
2002 C230 Kompressor
50 Posts
I tried this on my car, very cool. When I did it it opened the drivers side and passenger side windows along with the sun roof. Thanks 4 the info.

·
Registered
2001 C320
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the reprogram trick and it works like a charm. All four windows come down and the sunroof opens (although only about 1/3 of the way).

·
Registered
C 230 Coupe K
79 Posts
On my coupe, both windows go down, but the sunroof just pops it's rear up. I need to depress the button at which point the windows where on their way down and they stop. i then hold down the button again and the windows continue down, and the sunroof opens all the way. I suspect this is by design. it's a nice feature.

Speaking of Remote batterys, are these user replaceable or can i not open the remote myself?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Buellwinkle said:
Actually I miss-read your question. It only works on the drivers side, you have to point the key at the IR reader on the door handle and you have to be within 12' (a lot less if you battery is not new).
WEll actually, this feature works on both sides, driver and passenger. I've tried.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine wasnt working at all even after re-syncing the windows and sunroof. I had it checked when the car was in for "service a" a few weeks ago and they ended up replacing both IR sensors under warranty.

·
Registered
04 C-240
20 Posts
It's your sensor. I had to have my driver side replaced. The cool thing is that will give you a funny looking key (make sure you get it!!). It will open the drivers side door because they have to replace the cylinder. I keep mine in my wallet :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
RuFFBeNz1 said:
I have tried it many times and it doesnt work.
It probably is your sensor. I am absolutely certain it works on the passenger and driver side, if you want , I can provide you with video.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor, Orion Blue, Sunroof pkg, Harmon Kardon, split folding seats, Tele-Aid
11 Posts
Buellwinkle said:
Did you disconnect the battery recently? If you did, open the window completely, then close it completely and hold the button closed for a few seconds and it should work. Same with sunroof. This is not a secret, it's in the owners manual.
I tried that, but its still not working that well. let me get this straigh. to re-sync. i put ONE window down all the way, then i put it up all the way then hold the button down for a second. same with sunroof? open all the way or just 'pop' it open? and do i hold the button too? i read the manual and its really noy working for me. thanks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts