2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will it possible to close side mirrors when i lock the doors on my 2000 w220

·
Registered
2001 S430
419 Posts
Not to my knowledge, Did not know that was possible. Not in my manual either. Or that means I have another thing not working.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Not to my knowledge, Did not know that was possible. Not in my manual either. Or that means I have another thing not working.
I dont think its possible for this year but the only way to see is to go to settings using the steering wheel buttons enter and the rest is self explanatory.

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
You can set them in "settings" from the steering wheel on my '04. I have them set to close when I lock the car with the remote. They remain closed after you unlock the car until a front door is opened, then they return to the usable position. I don't know if the same feature was available on the '00--but it isn't an option on my car so it's on all '04s.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
1,335 Posts
When you toggle into the "settings" menu, I believe it's in the "convenience" sub-menu along with seat settings and key dependency. It's something like "mirror closing" and the options are on or off.

·
Registered
2001 s430
200 Posts
When you toggle into the "settings" menu, I believe it's in the "convenience" sub-menu along with seat settings and key dependency. It's something like "mirror closing" and the options are on or off.
that function is not available on the 00-02 models as far as I know. Must be only on 04 and newer...?

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
2000 S classes did not receive that option. it was added in 2003. To enable an earlier car to autofold, you must replace the instrument cluster (perhaps it would have been recalled) and enable that menu in the cluster, and replace the drivers door control module. I did not have to replace my passenger door control module when adding this feature.

Sunil

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2000 S classes did not receive that option. it was added in 2003. To enable an earlier car to autofold, you must replace the instrument cluster (perhaps it would have been recalled) and enable that menu in the cluster, and replace the drivers door control module. I did not have to replace my passenger door control module when adding this feature.

Sunil
its very expensive mod. then it wont worth for it :(

i always forget closing side mirrors, i remember them when i already take my key from igniton, then i put it back again to ignition and close them.. i hate this

·
Registered
2008 C350, 2008 S550, 2002 S430, 1999 ML320
33 Posts
When I brought my 2002 S430 (OCT02), the outside mirrors do not fold automatically. However, after one of many warranty repairs (replace ignition switch or steering angle sensor) the car was returned to me with auto-folding mirrors upon locking! Don't know if this is secondary to the dealer changing existing setting or updating software. I liked it, accepted it, and never investigated the cause.

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I brought my 2002 S430 (OCT02), the outside mirrors do not fold automatically. However, after one of many warranty repairs (replace ignition switch or steering angle sensor) the car was returned to me with auto-folding mirrors upon locking! Don't know if this is secondary to the dealer changing existing setting or updating software. I liked it, accepted it, and never investigated the cause.
can you look at your service notepad.. or can you ask to your workshop?? what did they do... it will be possible with version update i think

·
Registered
2001 S-Class
139 Posts
I just looked at my options and i had that option to close mirrors when locking doors but i tried it but it didnt work just now , maybe i have give a little time or at least drive the car. i have an 01 s430

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
the updated cluster will give the option to you (software) but it will still not work due to the older firmware in the door control modules (firmware)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts