Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have read somewhere that the windows and sun roof will close if it Rains.

Has anyone got this feature working ?

Regards
Ralph Davies (PurdieMerc)
Sydney
Australia

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
Well, that's interesting. I found a video of that feature working on a W211 (HERE), and another of a GLA - they demonstrated it by pouring water on the rain sensor. However, there is no mention of it in my car's owner manual, and when I tried, it did not function (engine running or off, car locked or unlocked, or whether the WSW setting was in a rain sensor position or not). I did not find a setting for it in COMAND.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's interesting. I found a video of that feature working on a W211 (HERE), and another of a GLA - they demonstrated it by pouring water on the rain sensor. However, there is no mention of it in my car's owner manual, and when I tried, it did not function (engine running or off, car locked or unlocked, or whether the WSW setting was in a rain sensor position or not). I did not find a setting for it in COMAND.
Thanks for your reply Warren

I have also tried as above with no success.

I believe that I also read about this feature for the W220 but again I could never get it working.

Mercedes historically put advanced features on the S Class ahead of other models, so it is strange that you have seen video of it on the GLA, but we can't get it working on the S Class !!! ???

Perhaps somebody from Mercedes can chime in Here ?

Regards
Ralph

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
With, or without the panoramic sun roof? The option (if I even have it) does not work on my car, which does not have the panoramic sunroof.

·
Registered
105 Posts
With, or without the panoramic sun roof? The option (if I even have it) does not work on my car, which does not have the panoramic sunroof.
It is enabled in non-US vehicles. It is against US DOT regulations to have it on in the US, similar to turning off fog lamp when high beams are enabled.

It can be enabled with some workarounds in DAS, however.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is enabled in non-US vehicles. It is against US DOT regulations to have it on in the US, similar to turning off fog lamp when high beams are enabled.

It can be enabled with some workarounds in DAS, however.
Hi

Thanks for that info.

My car is European but Configured for Australia and it is mostly Hot down here and I often leave the windows cracked a little down to let the car vent while parked, so the work around is worth a try. Can you please give me the details or a link to them. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts