Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
How important is it to have configure CD included in the Autel Scanner MD802 Maxidiag Elite Full System. What does configure CD do? Thanks,
It is not critical but it allows you to update units software on SD card and save and print scan results.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
It is confusing. Your first link points to the one I got except I paid $229.00 at that time. I have never used CD but downloaded Autel Maxi PC Suite from their website.

http://download.auteltech.net/Download/PCSuite/MaxiPCSuit/V1.23/MaxiPCSuite_V1.23.zip

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
First thing to do when you get it is connect the cable to unit and car and run through Auto Scan. W211 has lots of control units make sure you maintain battery or run it at idle. Be gentle unboxing, save all packaging just in case something is wrong.

·
Registered
122 Posts
First thing to do when you get it is connect the cable to unit and car and run through Auto Scan. W211 has lots of control units make sure you maintain battery or run it at idle. Be gentle unboxing, save all packaging just in case something is wrong.
My car is running fine now, but always want to get a good scanner for garage. I'll definitely run through auto scan as you've mentioned. Good point about the battery cause I'm still running with the original battery (will be 12 years next week).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone had problems with Autel products purchased through Amazon. I have read about people not being able to register with Autel Us with products purchased on Amazon or Ebay or Alibaba. I contacted Autel Us last year and they told me they don't sell direct online and any website with Autel in the name is not an authorized distributor. They sent me a list of authorized ditributors and none the ones found on the previously mentioned sites were authorized.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Has anyone had problems with Autel products purchased through Amazon. I have read about people not being able to register with Autel Us with products purchased on Amazon or Ebay or Alibaba. I contacted Autel Us last year and they told me they don't sell direct online and any website with Autel in the name is not an authorized distributor. They sent me a list of authorized ditributors and none the ones found on the previously mentioned sites were authorized.
Purchased from Amazon. No problems with registration or updates whatsoever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pins look straight. Outer part of plug looks little bowed in.
I finally got it to work, not as easy as other scanner i have used and don't want to damage odb2 port.

Did auto scan and found 2 faults relate to door closure. Clear the faults and everything is good.

Same thing here, no problems with registration or updates.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
About this Discussion
90 Replies
11 Participants
btv94
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing