Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 S430 and every now and then the audio system will go off for a second or two (Does not matter if I'm listening to the radio or the CD. I have turned OFF the phone and navigation systems). One time the entire audio system went off. When I restarted the car the audio came on again. Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yea... (more)

Sometimes my car audio doesn't work. My cd changer is not detected and my radio tuner is muted. A simple restart of the car fixes the problems.<br> <br> The S class is known for these weird, minor but annoying glitches.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this experience a few times...and it seems to get worse. The dealer said that the car needed a 'software' upgrade and that several S-classes were ahead of me. However, the mechanic showed me that I could make a short-term fix by unplugging the CD-changer and replugging it back in. It seems to 'reboot' the entire stereo system.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2001 S500 and encountered same 'problem' in first few weeks. Turned out it was simple signal that I had a call or message waiting on the on-board Motorola telephone. Listen to the message and the few seconds of silence go away. Honest! Hope this helps. JIM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts