Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I want to install sound on my "new" 190E 2.3 and have some ideas and also some questions.
The first problem is how to run a power cable (at least 7mm diameter) from the battery to the trunk. any experience on that?
About the subwoofer, I had one 10" mounted on my previous car, a Citroen Xantia and would like to do the same in the MB190: My Xantia had a hole behind the back seat's arm rest (to carry skys or something similar): I made a wood piece with a 10" hole on it and bolted it from the trunk so the cone of the speaker can be seen if you turn the arm rest.
To do this in the Mercedes, I have to cut the metal sheet behind the back seat.
Another possibility is to remove the first aid box and make a custom setup with 8" woofer/s.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
E280 W124
25 Posts
W201 Stereo

Hi

With regards to the cabling, heres what I did with my 190E, this was like 5 years ago so details scketchy.
Run the cable from the batterey to boot via:

1) Interior carpet I think I let the cable run through the side near the doors after taking out all the seats, carpet and insulation. Cable slightly protudes into the interior cabin near the boot opening latch.

2) I can't remeber if the battery cabling then went through one of the speaker holes or via a small (~15cm diameter) round hole behind the rear back rest. (I guess it was for a skiport if the option was chosen)

3) Behind this steel panel is the fueltank. You might want to remove the fuel tank if its too difficult to lead the cable to where you want it.

Hopes this Helps

Jon

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
135 Posts

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts