Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C230 Kompressor 2003
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im getting my new c230k in about a month or so.

I asked the dealer back at MB if it was possible to install a head unit i already have in my new car. His answer was that it was nearly impossible and that it would require professionnal install because of the opti fiber wiring in the car.

The thing i want to know right now is: can i install any head unit in this car and does it need optical input or output to go along with the original speakers and stuff

TIA

BTW if anyone has links to other succesfull or neat install can you post the links
thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
You can certainly get a faceplate and wire harness kit from Metra. Several people have don...

You can certainly get a faceplate and wire harness kit from Metra. Several people have done it. You do lose steering wheel radio controls and dash display of radio stations. Keep the old radio and don't cut any wires and you'll be OK resale time.

·
Registered
e 320
3 Posts
In a c230k coupe if you get the upgarded bose audio system. with the center channel spea...

In a c230k coupe if you get the upgarded bose audio system. with the center channel speaker you cant not change the radio because the factory amp has optical inputs. you would have to bypass the amp and run wire to the radio. the amp is located in the right rear sidepanel next to the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts