Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
For a company that still puts a cassette player in almost every cars they sell in the U.S....

For a company that still puts a cassette player in almost every cars they sell in the U.S., do you really expect an MB to play MP3s? My guess is they'll have MP3 cassette players out pretty soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fortunately it does support CDR + CDRW discs, so at least you can convert MP3's to CDA on ...

Fortunately it does support CDR + CDRW discs, so at least you can convert MP3's to CDA on your PC and play them in your car.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Officially it does not support cd-r or cd-rw.

It will play some cd-r's. I have never heard of anyone getting a cd-rw to play in the Audio 10.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine plays CDR & CDRW discs just fine. I do it all the time. Can't remember when last I ac...

Mine plays CDR & CDRW discs just fine. I do it all the time. Can't remember when last I actually bought an original CD [:D].
I mostly create Audio CD's from MP3's.

Sometimes it has a problem with Ricoh CDRW discs. It plays them, but takes a few seconds before it starts to play track 1. I mostly use Verbatim CDRW discs - they work 100%. Just be sure to "finalize" the session\disc when writing it. It won't work if the CD session is "open".

In South Africa the Audio 10 CD RDS unit is standard on the C-class.

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
does audio10 cd HU have noticeable sound quality difference compared to stock cassette H...

does audio10 cd HU have noticeable sound quality difference compared to stock cassette HU? does it work with stock cd changer?

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Most people who have changed to the Audio 10 say it has much better sound quality, espec...

Most people who have changed to the Audio 10 say it has much better sound quality, especially bass response. The Audio 10 can control the cd changer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Most people who have changed to the Audio 10 say it has much better sound quality, espec

Most people who have changed to the Audio 10 say it has much better sound quality, especially bass response.

I agree. The bass is noticeably better.

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
Buellwinkle

Hi there, I am looking at a used Audio 10 CD player, which the owner states it does not use a security code. Did you need an code for your Audio 10?

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
If it's for the W203 (very specific, does not fit any other Benz except the new CLK), then it will just plug and play, no code needed. The square Audio 10's used in other models requires a code.

As for sound, I got the Audio 10 just because of sound as I already had the CD changer. Nice warm bass without having to change speakers or add amps/subwoofers. See if someone on the forum has the Audio 10 near you and will let you listen to it. I let Tiff listen to it and she got one.

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
Great, thanks.
I too have the CD changer but have heard your comments about the sound, and that is exactly what I am looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts