Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had not heard it was coming out but the guy I bought my Merc from (gray market importer here) knows I have strong connections with VW/Audi Japan and asked me to check If I could get him one via them. Diesels are not popular in Japan so VW/Audi do not bring any in but my friend said it would be possible for them to arrange for him to pick one up in Australia. This thing is a monster.

2007 Audi Q7 V-12 TDI - First Drive Review
Just Mental.

The Audi R10 rewrote the record books on the racetrack this year when the V-12 diesel race car won the 24 Hours of Le Mans. This result apparently so excited Audi that it has decided to build a V-12 diesel passenger vehicle.

The Q7 V-12 TDI just made its debut at the 2007 Detroit show in January, but we already got an early drive in a prototype of the world's first V-12 diesel engine. It's set to shock the sports-car fraternity even more than did the Cayenne Turbo, thanks to 493 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque.

The twin-turbocharged 5.9-liter V-12 engine is influenced by the R10 race car, but it shares its bore and stroke with Audi's current V-6 and V-8 diesels. Weighing 728 pounds, the V-12 has an iron-block 60-degree cylinder-bank angle instead of the racer's 90-degree aluminum block. Bosch supplies the common-rail injection system, which pumps up to 29,000 psi of pressure through 12 piezoinjectors. Audi boss Martin Winterkorn has confirmed that the engine will have a urea injection system (similar to Mercedes' AdBlue technology) when introduced to the U.S. in 2008.

If you turn off the stability system, hard acceleration in first and second gears paints black rubber stripes down the highway despite the best efforts of the Quattro system to make the thing behave. Audi claims this SUV will rip from 0 to 62 mph in 5.5 seconds, with top speed governed at 155 mph. Winterkorn is pleased with the fuel consumption: The Q7 V-12 TDI gets 20 mpg on the European combined cycle.

Don't think, however, that this engine turns the Q7 into a sports car. In fast corners and under heavy braking, the monster diesel shows the limits of a high center of gravity and so much weight.

The car goes on sale in Europe next year, priced at Cayenne Turbo S money: Think $110,000 or more.

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 7-passenger, 5-door wagon

ESTIMATED BASE PRICE: $110,000

ENGINE TYPE: twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 48-valve diesel V-12, iron block and aluminum heads, direct fuel injection
Displacement: 362 cu in, 5934cc
Power (SAE net): 493 bhp @ 4000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 738 lb-ft @ 1750 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 118.2 in
Length: 200.2 in
Width: 78.1 in
Height: 68.4 in
Curb weight: 5700 lb

PERFORMANCE (MFR'S EST):
Zero to 62 mph: 5.5 sec
Top speed (governor limited): 155 mph

PROJECTED FUEL ECONOMY (MFR'S EST):
European combined cycle: 20 mpg

2007 Audi Q7 V-12 TDI - First Drive Review / Green Machines / Car Shopping / Hot Lists / Reviews / Car and Driver - Car And Driver

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Dude, when you post this stuff, we get get Audi ads showing up left and right. That touches off the tender sensibilities of some of our more vulnerable members.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys, I think this is a monster of a vehicle..........

As for the ads, remember they are via location, my ads over here for weeks on the top of the page has been Adams car polishes, waxes spermacide ect ect and on the bottom is one for the Robertson foundation. I have never seen an Audi over here on BW ever.........

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
Dude, when you post this stuff, we get get Audi ads showing up left and right. That touches off the tender sensibilities of some of our more vulnerable members.

Really? (Coca-Cola) I (Bushmill's) had (Whataburger) no (Playboy. Hustler) idea (Hooter's) that (Cadillac, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Chrysler, Buick, Lincoln, Mercury) was how it worked.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Here's a public service announcement for our UK "members"

Who was it that once said they wanted the third biggest penis in all of Scotland?

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? (Coca-Cola) I (Bushmill's) had (Whataburger) no (Playboy. Hustler) idea (Hooter's) that (Cadillac, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Chrysler, Buick, Lincoln, Mercury) was how it worked.

No, No, No I have never seen any of those ads. Top one on on this page is Enthusiast gear and nothing no the bottom, it is all location location location.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a public service announcement for our UK "members"

Who was it that once said they wanted the third biggest penis in all of Scotland?

FTL is not going to be happy that you are showing the ad for his main competition.........

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
No, No, No I have never seen any of those ads. Top one on on this page is Enthusiast gear and nothing no the bottom, it is all location location location.
But you should soon.

Digmenow said:
Originally Posted by Digmenow

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But you should soon.

Very very doubtful, going to renew my residency and work permit next month, I am not coming back except for a few weeks if ever but count on it, it will be less than 35 days..........

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What? They don't have Coke Zero in Jakarta?

Coke Zero? Never heard of it, not that I look in that sectioon of the supermarket except for tonic water, never partial to soft drinks even as a kid. I drink 1 about every 4 or 5 weeks and iis usually Fanta Grape..........

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coke Zero is supposed to be all the Coke taste with no calories.

We also have McRib sandwiches (in season).
No interest, neither the wife nor I like Coke, she is the same as I, we drink a lot of water or I as a liberal Muslim will have a G&T sometimes........

Ah yes McRibs, first and only place I had 1 was at a McD's in Aberdeen Scotland in 1985.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts