Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've heard talk here about adjusting the ALDA...
Ok. Where exactly is the ALDA. I'd like more power off the line in my 83SD and that sounds like the trick. Just tell me where the little bugger is hiding.
Question#2: Would this also be possible on a non-turbo? My 80TD could also use a little power (even though it's the fastest diesel off the line I've driven. It will stomp the SD light to light all day). Let me know. Both cars get such good milage that a few mpg's wouldn't be missed, if it's even a factor. Thanks guys!
-M-

·
Registered
84 300D; 85 380SE
75 Posts
the alda is located on top of the injection pump at
the firewall end. it's a square box ...

the alda is located on top of the injection pump at
the firewall end. it's a square box that jutts out
and has a little cylinder sitting on top of that.
the cylinder has a plastic cap that can be pryed out.
the adjustment is made with a 10mm socket -- there's
a lock nut holding the adjustment screw. the screw
is brass on my 84 300D, and is soft so don't muscle
it too much. i think the general adjustment is a 1/4
turn of the screw counterclockwise. be sure to mark
with a paint pen or some other device where the screw
is set at originally. i just did this adjustment on
my 300D and the results are quite noticeable.

good luck.

don't know about non-turbo cars for sure, but i don't think they have an alda because this adjustment ties into the degree of turbo boost, but someone with more
know than i can answer that one.

·
Registered
1991 300E
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO IT !!!!!

I figured the little bugger out!
Just for the record I highly recommend playing w/ the ADLA!!! What a difference! But cleaning the fittings in the intake manifold did at least the same amount of improvement! I only had to give it about a 1/4 turn and that was all she needed!! I didn't have to worry about the EGR either. It was non-functioning when I checked it and someone had already plugged one of the vacume lines. If would like to give this a go, ask and I'll post it.
-m-
Now all I need to do is figure out how to kick my non-turbo up a notch!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know about plugging the EGR, but I've never done it to my nonturbo's EGR because I don...

I know about plugging the EGR, but I've never done it to my nonturbo's EGR because I don't know if it would make a difference. Do you know if plugging the EGR works for nonturbo's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.