Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E430 Sport
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really enjoying my 2002 E430 Sport and I am looking into getting another W210. I have been looking at an E55 and an E320 Wagon.

Here are the details of the wagon:

2001 E320 Wagon
Desert Silver/Java
80,000 miles

Exterior: 9/10
Interior: 8/10
Engine Bay: Clean

2 owners
Dealer maintained
Clear title/no accidents

Options: Navigation, xenons, headlight washers, sunroof, rain sensor, roof rack, heated & ventilated seats, Bose, self-leveling suspension, and Bluetooth puck in center console.

Has all options except: CD changer, multicontour seats, Designo, sport package, and 4-matic.

The dealer is willing to sell the car for $12,500.
I was thinking this car is worth around $10,000.

What is this car worth? Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
I think $12.5 is on the high end but its not unreasonable if the transmission has been serviced and the spark plugs were recently changed. Good low (er) mileage examples of the 210 wagon in nice shape are getting rarer. Wagons tend to be used harder than sedans. This one looks nice.

·
Registered
'02 E320 4matic Wagon
326 Posts
IMHO is it worth $12K, if... the cats have been done and all services have been done and you see zero signs of any damage, rust, etc. This one has some very nice options.
When I got my wagon, the cats were done under the federal warranty about 5K miles before I got it. This was a big plus, since this can be costly.

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
Mr. Boost..

I have the same wagon-color-navigation-interior-"the whole nine yards!" as the one you're tempted to purchase. Mine just has all the windows tinted. It is a 4matic, and did come with a factory CD Changer.

I paid $6500 for mine at 100k miles. Exterior is 8/9, Interior is 9/10, and one owner. I bought it a car dealer(where factory car dealerships sell their used trade-in cars to these "Mom n Pop" dealers) auction a year ago in April 2009. I've put 30k miles since purchasing on the car.

10k does seem high. When I was shopping around, everything I saw in lots was around the 12k range. If the car is important to you, then buy it at 10k. I think with a little searching around(even into other states you could find a bargain). Remember air flights are cheap, so a one-way is worth the trouble to save thousands on your purchase. Think about it? Go after the the large cities on the west were rust may not be a problem, or the coil-spring perch rust is a problem. I think you'll find your gem a lower price in another city...

Best of luck,

Martin

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
ohhh, this one has Parktronic. look a the round dots on the apex of bumpers. I've not seen a E320 wagon with Parktronic on it.

Cool feature to have in those tight city's like San Francisco.

Martin

·
Registered
'02 E320 4matic Wagon
326 Posts
Like I said that one is optioned nice. If that was a 4matic it would sell really quick at $12K in the North East.
I would go over it really well and deduct for anything you can find, how worn the tires are, last services etc and figure in any big things that are due to go shortly. See if you can get him down a little, but I would not be too picky if it is as clean as it looks in photos. But then again, photos can be deceiving.

·
Registered
2002 E430 Sport
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wagon

thanks for all the excellent advice. I am still looking for a nice wagon.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
You already found a nice wagon you just don't think it's worth $12,500. Did you try to negotiate the price? Also conduct a search on AutoTrader and set the radius to where you feel comfortable traveling. You can also save the search and they will send you an email whenever your targeted vehicle is listed for sale. At the very least, you will see what they are selling for within the area you specify.

IMHO that wagon is worth what they are asking for it.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
My 01 E Wagon has been great, a couple of minor warranty repairs, my 85 turbo diesel wagon had more substantial sheet metal and roof rack strength. I would check the service records, definately trans drain, not flush, probably due for plugs soon, the 01s had included maintenance, but not trans. I would check for rust under the doors and window frames. Wagons are hard to find, the dealer has been eying mine everytime it is in for service.

·
Registered
12-CLS63/04-CLK55 AMG/03-CLK320 Conv SOLD/01-ML430 Good Riddance/01 E320 wagon RIP
191 Posts
I purchased an 01 E320 4matic wagon in the New Jersey this year for $7k with 104k miles on it. Clean inside and out, original owner, looks like new. It does not have all the bells and whistles that you mentioned but to me they shouldn't drive the price up on a ten year old car. You could argue all those options can be considered future headaches given the age.

·
Registered
2001 E430 220K mi. Obsidian Black metallic, Ash/Orion Grey interior
1,252 Posts
If you really like the car and it checks out after a PPI, don't quibble too much about the price. After all, what's a grand or two in the overall scheme of things? Especially if you keep the car for five or six years. It could take you six months to find another car you like as much. How much is your time worth? Remember the saying, "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten". And, "the stingy man always pays more in the end". So, make an offer but be prepared to pay a premium if it's what you really want. Remember, you're buying a $50,000 car for only 10 or 11 grand.

Fred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts