Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 c280 and was wondering if anyone has tried putting 19's on a w202. if so what size tire and rim and any fender mods needed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joey and anyone else...

What are you speaking about when you say fender mods? I hear about rolling the fender lip but I dont seem to have a lip on my 2000 230. I currnetly have 18x8.5 all around with 225 front and 255 rear and have the Carlsson lowering springs with no rubbing. But I want to do 19in. Can you please elaborate on this fender mod stuff.<br> <br> Thank you for any help...<br> <br> Espo<br> [email protected]<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Espo: I hope this answers your questions.

The only time you need to roll the fenders or the other term which is fender mods is when you are lowering the car more than what is specified in most spring manufactures (H&R or Eibach) specifications. Or if you are using an aggressive wheel size for the front with a low offset 30 or below on an 18x8.5 225/40/18 or 19x8.5 225/35/19 wheel. The widest wheel and tire size you can use on the rear of a W202 is a 19x10 offset25 with a 255/30/19 tire. Depending on how much you lower a W202 you will need to curl (Roll) the inside fender on the front & rear wheel well and in most cases shave the inner part of the side moldings front & rear. By using the proper wheel & tire size without modifying sport springs you shouldn’t have to do any fender mods. Hope this answers your question.<br> <br> Thank you,<br> Joey<br> www.wheelpower.com <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts