Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ABCLOSING
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 E500 the car is in the shop for three reasons one is the brake recall the other two reasons are that the driver back part of the seat seems to be loose and there telling me its normal and the brake pedal makes a large squeak like rubber rubbing against eachother.

·
Registered
2005 e500
44 Posts
Hi,
I have the same car like yours. my brake was squeling like crazy after we bought it.
I took it to the dealer and they cleaned it and re adjust the computer(not sure why),
and yes they said the same thing to me.

I have just recieved the recall letter and I need to bring it there

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
reply to your pm

BenzE500 said:
I have an 05 E500 the car is in the shop for three reasons one is the brake recall the other two reasons are that the driver back part of the seat seems to be loose and there telling me its normal and the brake pedal makes a large squeak like rubber rubbing against eachother.
The dealer is not being square with you. The seat back (plastic cover) in my 05 E500 is firmly attached. I did have an issue with the passenger side, due to someone pulling on the magazine pocket and an internal clip broke. The dealer took the seat back off, replaced the clip hardware and it was back to normal.

The brake pedal sounds like the upper hinge bushing? It may need to be lubricated. If the soft rubber pad is loose, it would make noise as well. Again, for your information, the brake mechanism in mine is as quiet as the accelerator pedal.

Do what I have done several times. Take the service adviser out to the lot, locate an 05 and have him/her/it show you at least two other models that have the same issues. None has been able to duplicate with my issues and the repairs were taken care of. If nothing else, get the service manager or GM involved. With MB, shit rolls uphill.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts