Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ATTENTION! ! ! ! !BIG CLK PROBLEM

1367 Views 4 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  E
G
I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH MY CKL320,FROM BAS/ESP TO SQEAKY SEATS.I PURCHASE MY 98 CLK320 PREOWNED WITH 9,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,,,AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 1500 MILES ON IT I NOTICE A SUDDEN JERK ON MY CAR.I LATER FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS DUE A FAULTY BAKE PEDAL MY ESP/BAS CAME ON .DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY CLK ..TOOK IT TO THE MB TO HAVE IT CHECK OUT,MB DECLINE THAT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD DID NOT EXISTED.SOME UNEXPERIENCE SERVICE ADVISOR TOLD ME THAT THERE COULD NOT A POSSIBILITY THAT THE BRAKE PEDAL COULD DEPRESS ON ITS OWN ,THE TECH BACKED HIM UP ON IT.NOW THAT MY CLK HAS 41000 ON THE OD,I'M WORRIED THAT MB DOES NOT WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND I'M GOING TOBE STUCK WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS NICE CAR.COULD SOMEONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROBLEM HELP ME OUT......I ALSO HAVE SQEAKY SEATS ,DOES MB REPLACE THEM?<br>
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Squeaky seats, yes they should fix it for you under warranty....suggest finding another dealer.

: I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH MY CKL320,FROM BAS/ESP TO SQEAKY SEATS.I PURCHASE MY 98 CLK320 PREOWNED WITH 9,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,,,AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 1500 MILES ON IT I NOTICE A SUDDEN JERK ON MY CAR.I LATER FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS DUE A FAULTY BAKE PEDAL MY ESP/BAS CAME ON .DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY CLK ..TOOK IT TO THE MB TO HAVE IT CHECK OUT,MB DECLINE THAT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD DID NOT EXISTED.SOME UNEXPERIENCE SERVICE ADVISOR TOLD ME THAT THERE COULD NOT A POSSIBILITY THAT THE BRAKE PEDAL COULD DEPRESS ON ITS OWN ,THE TECH BACKED HIM UP ON IT.NOW THAT MY CLK HAS 41000 ON THE OD,I'M WORRIED THAT MB DOES NOT WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND I'M GOING TOBE STUCK WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS NICE CAR.COULD SOMEONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROBLEM HELP ME OUT......I ALSO HAVE SQEAKY SEATS ,DOES MB REPLACE THEM?<br><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone have esp\bas problem on the clk

: I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH MY CKL320,FROM BAS/ESP TO SQEAKY SEATS.I PURCHASE MY 98 CLK320 PREOWNED WITH 9,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,,,AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 1500 MILES ON IT I NOTICE A SUDDEN JERK ON MY CAR.I LATER FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS DUE A FAULTY BAKE PEDAL MY ESP/BAS CAME ON .DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY CLK ..TOOK IT TO THE MB TO HAVE IT CHECK OUT,MB DECLINE THAT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD DID NOT EXISTED.SOME UNEXPERIENCE SERVICE ADVISOR TOLD ME THAT THERE COULD NOT A POSSIBILITY THAT THE BRAKE PEDAL COULD DEPRESS ON ITS OWN ,THE TECH BACKED HIM UP ON IT.NOW THAT MY CLK HAS 41000 ON THE OD,I'M WORRIED THAT MB DOES NOT WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND I'M GOING TOBE STUCK WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS NICE CAR.COULD SOMEONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROBLEM HELP ME OUT......I ALSO HAVE SQEAKY SEATS ,DOES MB REPLACE THEM?<br><p>does anyone have a esp\bas problem<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
: I HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH MY CKL320,FROM BAS/ESP TO SQEAKY SEATS.I PURCHASE MY 98 CLK320 PREOWNED WITH 9,000 MILES ON THE CLOCK,,,AFTER PUTTING ABOUT 1500 MILES ON IT I NOTICE A SUDDEN JERK ON MY CAR.I LATER FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS DUE A FAULTY BAKE PEDAL MY ESP/BAS CAME ON .DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY CLK ..TOOK IT TO THE MB TO HAVE IT CHECK OUT,MB DECLINE THAT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAD DID NOT EXISTED.SOME UNEXPERIENCE SERVICE ADVISOR TOLD ME THAT THERE COULD NOT A POSSIBILITY THAT THE BRAKE PEDAL COULD DEPRESS ON ITS OWN ,THE TECH BACKED HIM UP ON IT.NOW THAT MY CLK HAS 41000 ON THE OD,I'M WORRIED THAT MB DOES NOT WANT TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND I'M GOING TOBE STUCK WITH PROBLEMS ON THIS NICE CAR.COULD SOMEONE WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH THIS PROBLEM HELP ME OUT......I ALSO HAVE SQEAKY SEATS ,DOES MB REPLACE THEM?<br><p>AMG, Yes I have diffirent car but the same engine, I have 2k ML320 and the BAS/ESP comes on 3 weeks ago and have the dealer fixed it for free, I read the work order and said they changed some switch on the brakes itself...which I am not sure if they are telling the truth...as long they fixed it for free its fine with me.<br>Godd Luck,<br>JIM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BAS/ESP lights

Happened a few times to my 2001 E-class as well and the dealer told me the same story, defective switch on the brake.<p>After replacing the part, problem never returned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.