Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not the orgainzer of this event but wanted to make everyone aware of it.

This event promises to be *THE* AMG-specific event of the year (privately organized). We expect a huge turnout and will likely expand the event to the whole weekend, pending other details and confirmations.

Friday, April 29th
At this point, we will welcome folks in from out-of-town Friday evening with a dinner (probably steaks, etc.) We are in the process of selecting a suitable/reasonable hotel for folks to stay.

Saturday, April 30th
Main Event: Three parts to the day.
Part I: Photo shoot with all the cars and an F-16 jet as the backdrop!
Part II: At lunch, will be a special guest we have invited from AMG. He'll give a short presentation and you'll have an opportunity for Q & A.
Part III: In preparation for the drags on Sunday, we will caravan over to AllSpeed for dyno-testing for the remainder of the day.

Sunday, May 1st
Track day - 1/4 mile drags

Bring your spouse or SO...make a weekender/mini vacation out of this!

There is ZERO cost (for registration) to participate! You just pay for your lunch, dyno testing and drag racing.

There is a good cross section of AMG's that will be represented at the event including: SLK32's, CLK55's, C32's, E55's, SLK65, SL55, C36, SLK55, SL65. This is shaping up to be a great event. One of the SL65 will be running Drag Radials and has been visited by RENNtech. Expect times in the 11.5 range for the quarter.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun. I really need a photo of my SLK with an F-16 too! I'm afraid I'm already booked that weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts