Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with burning UMO...I understand that ATF burns really well. Any idea what a safe limit is for ATF? I may go to the transmission shop and get their used ATF and put that in my tank, after running it through a filter of course.
I put about 3 gallons of UMO in my tank yesterday. I drove around for about 20 miles today and noticed absolutely no difference. I'll see tonight (in my tailgaters headlights) if I have more smoke or if the smoke I'm putting out looks worse.
The way I see it, I might as well burn a cocktail of WVO, UMO, U-ATF, acetone, and diesel fuel. I still have the entire drivetrain and fuel system on the wreck, I might as well do some experimentation with alternate fuel sources until I can start producing my own biodiesel. The less money I spend on fuel, the more I have to finish my processor and buy a barrel of methanol.

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
did you filter the used engine oil first? what about the primary clear filter - any change?

i have used ATF to fill a new secondary fuel filter before installation, but that was new ATF...

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not filter the oil first, I figure that anything that was not filtered by the car's oil filter will be stopped by the fuel filters. I have not checked my prefilter yet, I planned to do that today before I go to work. Last night I did not notice any change in smoke output, but my car did seem a bit more powerful. I think I'm going to have to log 0-60 times along with fuel economy. I have this awesome program on my palm called P-Fuel; it logs fuel used, cost per gallon, cost per tank, and milage, and then calculates & graphs; fuel economy, cost per mile, cost per day of driving, miles per tank, etc. I can add notes to every tank of fuel in input also, which is where I plan to log ratios of oils that I burn, 0-60 times, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts