Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!
As my title says, i just need to know what ATF and DIFFERENTIAL oil the Mercedes Owners Manual recommends to use for my brother`s late 1970`s (sorry, dont know the exact year) 280 SLC automatic, and how many liters or quarts do i need to do a fluid change for both? We are located in the tropics, so its very hot over here. Thanks!
patrick

·
Registered
1976 UK Delivered 450SLC
21 Posts
hi all!
As my title says, i just need to know what ATF and DIFFERENTIAL oil the Mercedes Owners Manual recommends to use for my brother`s late 1970`s (sorry, dont know the exact year) 280 SLC automatic, and how many liters or quarts do i need to do a fluid change for both? We are located in the tropics, so its very hot over here. Thanks!
patrick
Firstly does the car have an LSD diff? You need diferent oils/aditives depending on what you have.

Secondly for the auto will you be draining only the gearbox or go all the way and drain the torque converter as well?

·
Registered
1978 280slc
3,203 Posts
Transmission takes 7.2l if you can get all the stuff out. When I did mine, just over 5.5l came out. Use Dexron 3 or above and you should be fine.

The differential takes 1liter of 85w-90 or 90w. You might have to use 80w-90 though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts