Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My antennae doesn't extend fully. I think the previous owner didn't put it up all the way, so they never cleaned the antennae. I have tried gently pulling up on it while pushing the ant up button, doesn't do anything. I don't want to risk burning out the motor. Anyone know how to free it up? Or does anyone have one to sell? Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't be so gentle when pulling up...

You might have a bent mast. To make sure, loosen the bushing on the bottom of the mast with a 12 or 13 mm open end wrench. This will free the mast that you can clean and lubricate it. If this does not help and the motor is still working just install a new mast, available from your MB dealer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Don't be so gentle when pulling up...

Well, I think I need a new antenna, the motor is fine, I can get the antenna to go up so that the largest section of it comes up, the the smaller segments are stuck, I tried pulling harder. I loosened the bottom of it, and it didn't let me do anything about the stuck segments.<br> <br> How much would a new mast cost?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nate, whats up man. You should now by now man that if you need parts for that beast drop me a line or call me man. I have everything that you may need. [email protected] <br> <br> Pat Bartholow<br> 800-831-7686 ext#206<br> Potomac German Auto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts