Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1996 S600 1991 560SEL 1995 S500 2009 S550
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Would you kindly explain to me the meaning of ASR and what are its functions? My S600L ASR lamp started to light today but after a restart of the ignition it goes away, but comes back on quite frequent, except during night driving it does not seem to come back, could it be related to an over heat in the system, what system could it be , transmission, cooling system etc. ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
Automatic slip regulation (or something like that). It's an electronic

traction control system. The computer determines whether a wheel is spinning by input from the ABS wheel speed sensors and then applies the brake only to that spinning wheel. It's an electronic form of a limited slip differential. The system may also cut the throttle when it detects wheel spin. I don't know enough about the MB system to know for sure.

Brett

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
I have the same problem in hot/warm weather and here in the UK as it's winter it's OK.The dealer diagnosis is a small pump behind the front left hand side wheel inner lining.They quoted £117 to replace but i'm leaving it until summer time before i get it done.The only noticeable effect is that the traction control doesn't work - everything else is fine![:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts