Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again...my -95 c36 has an indikator at the speedometer witch indikates and take care of spinning ive read in this forum that this funcktion is possible to turn of..and in many other c36 ive seen a button for this..but mine does not have any button...i dont think its ASR im more thinking that is a differential breaker but im not shore however the car spinns how much i want when i press the padel but takes care of the big turningspinns?..hmm wounder wath that is in correct englich.

see ya

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
I am not sure when ASR was introduced, or if it was a standard item for the Swedish market...

I am not sure when ASR was introduced, or if it was a standard item for the Swedish market.
If you do not have a switch for ASR, then I cannot see that it is fitted.
It is more likely, with your conditions, that you have a limited slip differential, which would make more sense. You cannot switch this off.

Check by jacking up one of the rear wheels, leaving the other on the ground. Put gear into neutral and by hand, rotate the free wheel - if it locks after a half turn or so, then you have a LSD.

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
I am not sure when ASR was introduced, or if it was a standard item for the Swedish market...

I am not sure when ASR was introduced, or if it was a standard item for the Swedish market.
If you do not have a switch for ASR, then I cannot see that it is fitted.
It is more likely, with your conditions, that you have a limited slip differential, which would make more sense. You cannot switch this off.

Check by jacking up one of the rear wheels, leaving the other on the ground. Put gear into neutral and by hand, rotate the free wheel - if it locks after a half turn or so, then you have a LSD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...hmm i will try that..do you think there is any fuse to pull out or something to get...

ok...hmm i will try that..do you think there is any fuse to pull out or something to get by this system...now in winter with my 16" Dunlop tires its perfekt..but for the sommer.. it cut down on the funny driving!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ETS....

Hi again..the system in my car is ETS and so far i know the system cant be shout off....does any one no how??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts