Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dealers (independant) for the annual MOT test and the dreaded light shone ! So being nice they plugged their diagnostics in and it came up pump failure - but this light only illuminated after they drove the car over the workshop ramps so I suspect bad connections (car is 17 years young).
After driving home and restarting the car the lights are off but yesterday the light illuminates as soon as the car is started (no brake pedal or accelerator pressed) and will not turn off with a restart ! Now the car drives fine with the exception of a slightly harder brake pedal and no traction control if I inadvertantly put my foot down !
What I am after is the location of the ASR pump and it's associated relays so I can check them out ! I have searched my Alldata subscription and can find no reference of it and I have also done a relevent search on forum - also with no luck :(
Any info gratefully received ;)

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ABS wasn't working. So I removed the cover on top of the fuse box and removed and cleaned ALL relays under there and now everything is back working as it should ;) Got to remember that they've been insitu for 17 years so bound to have a tiny bit of high resistance ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts