Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My first post.
Just bought a '01 190e 2.3 and it only blows cold air, well, it moderates a little. it's not ice cold. I've been using HATTENATOR's diagnostic post for the climate controll system. What I have found is that the Asperator fan is not turning. It starts up if I push the fan blade, so there is power. Question is, will this defective part cause the changeover valve to not open the door for the heat? The pipes going to and from the heater core are HOT, but no hot air! Any ideas? I'd love to hear them.
Thanks, Scott

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
01 190e 2.3? do you have pics of the car? the 190s stopped production in 93......

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
is your center vent open? the center vent only blows cold outside air.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My bad, it's a '91 not an '01. No the center vent is closed. No Pics yet. It's in my garage and I'm testing the vacuum elements.
-First, the aspirator fan is now working.
-Second, I tested the Potentiometer. With the temp wheel set to max cool, i get 2.4 volts on the center green and red wire. As i moved the dial up to max hot, it remained fairly steady on 2.4v but once I hit the stop at max heat, the voltage started going down. It was all over the place.
-Third, I tested the vacuum lines and elements. My car has only one switchover valve, at least that I can see, so there was no "Y" in the vac source line. There was vacuum from the engine at the valve. Three lines would not hold vacuum. The #9 port line to the fresh air/recirc flap element (green line with blue stripe). The #6 and #7 lines, both red and for the defroster elements. so it looks like I need to remove the dash to get at everything. I'm sure I'll need more! Where's a good source for this stuff?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts