Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E500, 2007 ML350, 2007 VW Rabbit
80 Posts
yeah i saw this on eMB earlier today. looks good for those who like their S-Classes pimped, but other than that really doesnt have much of a style asthetic. :rolleyes:

kinda looks like if your S was in an accident and they replaced the grill and such but forgot to paint/re-chrome it.

·
Registered
Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
7 Posts
The ASMA kit destroys the soul, lines and character of the new S-Class philosophy. Look carefully and you will see no creativity at all in the design. In summary, it is just a beefed up motor rather than the elegant, luxuary and state of the art car which sets standards.

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
I think the car market is suffering from what Ford suffered from when Caddilac and I think Chevy did to them back in the day. MB is loosing market share to competition. So they must be doing some kind of market research that doesnt involve this forum. Chrystler 300 became so succesful because in my opinion they took it back to a great design verses thier forward cab design in previous model 3's. I think MB needs to look at thier designs from the 50's and 60's and stop trying to take us where all ASIAN car makers have taken us already. I drive a 98E320 and people still give me compliments on the "Bug Eye'd Benz" it was something new mixed with something old. I personaly like alot of the ventage benz designs and would love to see the big grill make a comback with a big body design. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
It will be hard to improve on the original, and that sure doesn't come close. It's ashame what they have done to a beautiful automobile.

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
You should see the ASMA C-Class Eagle II. I post a thread in the W204 Section with the link to Top Speed who posted the article.

Eddie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts