Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, anyhoo, while I was out of town, my wife did the oil and gas mixture for the snowblower and yesterday when we got hit with about 6", all the thing would do is backfire and die. I had to go borrow my (neighbor) brother-in-law's monstrosity. I've nicknamed him "Overkill Olszewski" as he and his wife Jola are planning to sell everything and move back to Poland where they are building a house. He has been buying things he will need for their large acreage there so in the summer he is cutting the grass with this humongous John Deere looking thing pulled by a quad and in the winter it's this Russian tank of a snowblower. But I digress. Too much oil or too much gas?

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
What does the spark plug look like. I would think too much oil. Too much gas might burn up the engine but it would run.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
I bought an electric snow thrower three winters ago and it never snowed (appreciably) again.

I'm planning on buying a portable defibrillator for myself on my next birthday.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Changed the plug last year. Maybe the carb is gunked up? I'll dump the gas and start over although that's difficult to do these days. :mad:
Thanks.
Did you leave gas in the line all summer without running it through? Did you not see the Sta-bil advertisements? I would blow carb cleaner through EVERYTHING. Siphon the gas out and start fresh so you will KNOW the mix. And go light on the oil for about a half tank.

·
worst mod in BW history
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I drain and run dry all my gas operated thingies in late fall, always, ever since I once made myself puke pulling a lawnmower starter for a half hour.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
^^^
Does that advice apply to chainsaws, also?
yep. I always run my stuff til it runs dry at the end of the season OR just put sta-bil in and not worry about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts