Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
The ashtray light does not work on my 2005 ML 350. Do you have to take out the whole centre consul to replace it. I dont seem to be able to get to the globe from the inside of the ashtray or even get the whole ashtray out. The ashtray is a useful place to keep small things and the light certainly would help.
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I asked and he answered. To me it looks like if I could pop out the lighter socket it would be easy. Looks like a "grain of wheat" sized 12 volt lamp. Have not had luck removing the ashtray completely yet.

Pete

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
There should be two screws in the bottom of the console...unscrew those. Take the console compartment out and lift the wooden portion of the console. Unplug the socket to the lighter and replace the #73 bulb.

Good luck

·
Registered
416 Posts
bulb

were you able to replace the bulb.

I took the console out, and also took the ashtray housing out, but am not able to get to the bulb or the lighter. the bulb is stuck to the lighter, so it lights the transparent piece around the lighter. even after removing the entire ashtray assembly from the center console, i can't get to the bulb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts