Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320 Desert Silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help in replacing the ash tray light bulb. I have searched the forum, have seen comments about bulb replacement, however have not seen how to replace the bulb. Thanks in advance.

2002E320

·
Registered
1996 SL500, 2000 E430
3,779 Posts
I'll resurrect this thread rather than start a new one (do I get positive points for this Tony/Redliner/ :) ) - anyway I ran into an interesting situation last night. I am "assuming" the little ring around the lighter receptacle should be illuminated (eg, did Daimler expect people at night to be using their lighter/GMP/whatever to be poking around trying to ....

I pull out the ash tray and sure enough there is a small bulb there - looks like either with a pair or tweezers or an official tool at $299.00 you could pull it out -

I go to the dealer and he is saying the bulb isn't available!

Which, I think, for a company that prides itself in keeping older MBs on the road - this is very un-Mercedes like.

So when I have time I will go to an auto-radio repair shop I used with success - see if they have a match.

It is important to use the same wattage or less so you don't melt the surrounding plastic (as I did with some turn signal indicator bulbs in my W124 instrument panel).

Unless someone can tell me where to get this bulb and short-circuit my whole quest :)

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I think I ordered it from autohausaz.com, let me check on the P/N and I'll post back.

Your dealer is full of it, too.

Which part of Cali? In most places you have your choice of dealers who will mistreat you. ;)

·
Registered
1996 SL500, 2000 E430
3,779 Posts
Thanks! I neglected to check in my search - if this pertained to an R129 (the searches **should** restrict the search to the forum the user is in or give the option) - but I will check my bulb and see if this looks similar.

On the dealer their computer showed no bulb and about 10 different lighters depending on the VIN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts