1998 ML320
613 Posts
Looks annoyingly good :D

·
Registered
2000 ML430 (Sold)
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go over it with the original cleaning wipes, then again with the protectant wipes.

·
Registered
1999 Ml430
351 Posts
So whats the deal with Armor All having such a bad reputation and being accused of destroying plastic and rubber over the long run?

·
Registered
2000 ML430 (Sold)
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never heard of that. Been using them for years with no ill effects.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
So whats the deal with Armor All having such a bad reputation and being accused of destroying plastic and rubber over the long run?
Yeah, I've always heard that but never an explanation as to why. I never use it because I don't like greasy films it leaves on everything and the smell. Simple Green is my cleaner of choice for the engine area.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,736 Posts
Many years ago (1980's), I used ArmorAll on all my vehicles. It was the first protectant that was advertised as helping to prevent cracking of vinyl exposed to the sun on a regular basis, i.e. dashboards !! It also had the benefit of adding shine (albeit, maybe a little too much!) and also giving tires a decent finish.

I swapped over to a product in the 90's, 303 protectant, that made it's debut in the avation/boating industry, specifically for vinyl upholstery, tops and isenglass (the clear plastic windows).

Amazon.com: 303 Products Aerospace Protectant: Sports & Outdoors

GREAT product !! I buy it by the gallon every couple of years. Excellent for all rubber/vinyl/canvas that is exposed to the sun. Does not leave a residue and actually repels dust/dirt. Best product I have ever found for tires. Low gloss and a great look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts