Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
At the first I apologies about my grammar mistake!
Can anyone give me some information or pictures from w126 armored ?

I am from Iran and I am Mercedes Benz Persian forum moderator
We are togethered to shearing our experiences about rebuilding or maintenance our Mercedes .
For example you can see our projects similar overall rebuilding

???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??????? ??? W116 280S C.Orange
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??????? ????? ??? W107- 450 SLC
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ?????? ???? ?????? ?? (300SEL-6.3 )

Its mine!
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??????? ????? ??? 280S W126

???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - overhaul 230e
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??? 350 ???? khashayar
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??? ??? ?????? ??? - 1974 Mercedes 280s
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??????? ?????350SL
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ????? ???? ?? ?? 320 (w140) !!

???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - 1974 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC
or technical project
???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??? ??????? ??????????megasquirt ??? ??? w124
And tens cases like these.
As you know we have too many problem to rebuild or maintenance than a fan in euro or usa like expensive parts and does not exist or few important parts . But we done and keep moving because we are mercedes benz lover .

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Hello Sadegh, and welcome to our forum. :)

There isn't a lot of information about armoured W126's, or any other armoured MB models online, probably due to the nature of the product and the secrecy involved. However you do find some incidental reports and small bits of info. Here is what I could find:

Mercedes-Benz S600 Guard Revealed

BULLETPROOF MERCEDES-BENZ 500SE AND 500 SEL!! HIGH LEVEL ARMOR!! Car Finder Buy and Sell New Used Cars Philippines 2009

Mercedes-Benz S 600 Guard; 2006 model

And here's a very cool MB S-Guard commercial:

So how is life for you in beautiful Iran? I know there are many MB owners their, so hopefully you have a good network of friends. ;)

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your attention Nightbird:)

For second time I must say sorry about my bad english language. I hope can send my mean as well .

I researched a lot about armored w126 and earned some info like 1500 armored w126 have built and 300-400 of them were for Germany police and remind sold to other countries. Secrets of build and material keep forever and constantly. the things that we know are such as very thick window and too heavy weight (3900 kg ) and finally b6 leveling armor.

I want to know the engine of them is usual such as another w126 or tuned? Are they enough for that high weight?
For example in 280s (the weakest gasoline w126 version that I have one of course long version) we have 156 hp and 1750 weight means 11 kg per each 1 hp.
But in 560sel armored (the most strong w126 ) we have 300 hp (euro version ) and 3900 kg we have 13 kg per 1 hp .I Chain eyes from 380 - 420 sel. (so slow and weak to acceleration and speeding ) Is it enough for emergency operation ? Is it possible that company product more powerful engine for those cars?

Why don’t exist pictures or videos from inside (cabin) in internet?(there are a few image from outside ) although 1500 Devices are not few.
It is really interesting for me to find equipment inside Such as siren and emegency options that put it.

So how is life for you in beautiful Iran? I know there are many MB owners their, so hopefully you have a good network of friends.
Thanks .
Iranian love Mercedes Benz very much from old time and It is a dream for any drivers and owners have and drive mercedes benz. In Iran police cars and ambulances and fire track and commercial truck are Mercedes benz . My grandfather had 190 1964. Unfortunately cars in Iran are so expensive . because for many year exist high tax for import about 100 -200 percent and this cause Mercedes be for very reach persons. For example a news s350 2010 in Tehran is about 240 million Tomans that means 240 thousand dollars!!

A very good conations and low mileage w126 300se 1986-89 costs and price 22000 – 25000 dollars and there are Finger numbers 500-560. sec is Rare.
Now there are so many fans who buy and rebuild Mercedes for riding as you can see in our forum .

Some of My friends bought 350 slc or 450 slc 18000-20000 dollars.
We have too many problems and hard against us for riding and maintenance . Mercedes benz dealer in Iran does not give service for old cars and we find and buy genius parts hardly . Boycotts impressed it too.
I hope could shown our conditions .:thumbsup:

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,162 Posts
Hello. Try putting 'armoured' into the search this forum option. Theres a few in there. They do seem mostly the larger engined variety. I think we had one recently which was an SE not an SEL, with a smaller engine (420?) and cloth seats etc, but a public address microphone and some other stuff.

Armored Cars, vehicle, SUVs, invisible Armoured vehicles, SUV's made in Germany armored car bulletproof vehicles Security Car, Protected Vehicle- Alpha Armouring used to have quite a few 126's on there for sale and armoured.

I met a guy recently when i was doing some chauffeuring, who had used to drive armoured 126's for an embassy. He said they were hard work because they felt so heavy.

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2013 GL550
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched “armoured” at top but not found new thing.

The pictures that I found in internet are like these

you can see those thick crome thing around windows and able to release for outside observer.

used to have quite a few 126's on there for sale and armoured
They all sold . without picture :(

I met a guy recently when i was doing some chauffeuring, who had used to drive armoured 126's for an embassy. He said they were hard work because they felt so heavy
I agree with "hard work !

I wouldn't think MB makes armored vehicles from the factory
no . from 1930th until now mb factory make armored Special.of course you are right there are companies that make armoring from usual vehicles but original factory made exist and product.

I saw w126 guard several time on steet but at a moment and short time.
Insofar as I know after 1983 level upgrade to b5-b6 and before that was b2-b4
unfortunately in my country having and ownering armored and guard vehicle is forbidden . unlike eu or us.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Sadegh,

Do you know if President Ahmadinejad rides in a armored vehicle? I would imagine he does, unless of course he has so many guards around him he doesn't worry about it.

There was a movie about Queen Farah (Shahbanou Farah Pahlavi) made a couple of years ago, and they showed her being chauffeured from her home in Paris in a MB S Guard I believe. I am not sure if she has one in the USA, but I would hope so since she has a home here also and there are always threats against her Majesty.

Here is a bullet-proof Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman (W100) delivered in May 1973 to the late Shah of Iran.

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Do you know if President Ahmadinejad rides in a armored vehicle? I would imagine he does, unless of course he has so many guards around him he doesn't worry about it.
you know these type of info in Iran is tapoo. I mean there is no a lot pic or video from state cars or houses. Of course he rides bye armored car likes Other president and head of state .

There was a movie about Queen Farah (Shahbanou Farah Pahlavi) made a couple of years ago, and they showed her being chauffeured from her home in Paris in a MB S Guard I believe. I am not sure if she has one in the USA, but I would hope so since she has a home here also and there are always threats against her Majesty.

Here is a bullet-proof Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman (W100) delivered in May 1973 to the late Shah of Iran.
farah and shah had a lot of cars that now they are keep in Tehran museum or sold many years ago to some people . recently we had this topic about Farah’s Cadillac that very rare and special . its price is 40000 us dollars now.

???????? ????? • ?????? ???? - ??????? ???

Tehran museum that I visited it several time there are exist very Valuable Mercedes benz like 600 pullman and 500k. here you are some pic from royal cars

I took them

in this Picture shah has shown with motorcade whit Chineis president

http://up.iranblog.com/Files0/c10c6b0edf3043ec9a0d.png
http://up.iranblog.com/Files0/ef897c1fc18746ac9b4b.png

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts

Here is an 8 minute tour and glimpse inside the national auto museum in Karaj near Teheran of the last Shah's cars.

Transeum The National Car Museum of Iran

Forum moderator "teutone" used to live in Iran for mnny years and has told me many stories about what life was like there for him.

I hope he sees this thread of yours..

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
How interesting about the Cadillac Queen Farah drove, I had no idea she had one. My family owned one just like this, of the same year and even the color was the same. I never liked it, as I prefer the Cadillac styling of the 80's. Eventually they gave the car away to charity I believe, as maintenance on it was horrible and it is very hard to find buyers for them nowadays.

I'm planning on visiting Iran sometime in the near future hopefully. I can't wait to go to the ski mountains, and take some tours of the landmarks. I also hear the food their is incredible as well. I'll let you know when I visit Sadegh so we can share a meal together and you can show me your car. :)

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts

Here is an 8 minute tour and glimpse inside the national auto museum in Karaj near Teheran of the last Shah's cars.

Transeum The National Car Museum of Iran

Forum moderator "teutone" used to live in Iran for mnny years and has told me many stories about what life was like there for him.

I hope he sees this thread of yours..

Great link to the car museum video Cascade, thanks! :)

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
Get it running and drive it like it is
The ultimate Rat-Limo :D
The broken Star is just erriely cool
Reminds me of the headless statues of overthrown dictators after the collapse of their regimes...

·
Registered
`81 W123 280E, `83 W126 280SE, `85 W126 280SE, `91 W126 500SE, `96 W202 C180T, `99 W202 C220CDI
511 Posts
Some features that are not included in the standard version: 2`nd alternator with the extra dash icon for battery charging, special reading lamp on the rear, microphone, full wood central console including the switch for the second electric mirror, service book, dusty engine and the car doing what it is supposed to do - protect the passengers! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How interesting about the Cadillac Queen Farah drove, I had no idea she had one. My family owned one just like this, of the same year and even the color was the same. I never liked it, as I prefer the Cadillac styling of the 80's. Eventually they gave the car away to charity I believe, as maintenance on it was horrible and it is very hard to find buyers for them nowadays.
in 1976 just Produced 834 limousine FleetWood and only 96 devise of them were Full Option version and only one went Iran that was a gift form hoveyda (Previous prime minister ) to farah and imperial guard.So your families car was rare.

I'm planning on visiting Iran sometime in the near future hopefully. I can't wait to go to the ski mountains, and take some tours of the landmarks. I also hear the food their is incredible as well. I'll let you know when I visit Sadegh so we can share a meal together and you can show me your car.
Source of pride to me :)

That is so awful. How did it happen? Can they not be saved?
those car remained in open space near 31 years and they do not Interest and no incentive to keep them Healthy unfortunately :confused: they enen not spend one penny . they are in saad abad Palace (one of shahs Palaces)

thank you dan500se for original images.:thumbsup: But why two alternator ? for what ? Is there additional electric equipments ?

they Warned about speed after 210 km !! so heavy car and probability Bursting tires!

Is that car in Iran?

they are not irrelevant

I planed buy it several years ago.
450sel 6.9

and it is a bulletproof 1985 500se that make by other company (isclima )
it was 21000 us dollars.

·
Registered
67 300 SEL, 85 500 SEL, 90 420 SEL
170 Posts
I wouldn't think MB makes armored vehicles from the factory
Hi,
MB definitely makes armored cars in the factory in Stuttgart. Option code is 979, safety version. They are VERY secretive about this and no details are given out.

·
Registered
`81 W123 280E, `83 W126 280SE, `85 W126 280SE, `91 W126 500SE, `96 W202 C180T, `99 W202 C220CDI
511 Posts
...thank you dan500se for original images...
With pleasure (more to come!)

...why two alternator ? for what ? Is there additional electric equipments ?
I asume that the second alternator is requiered due to the excesive use of electricity on the additional equipements as the upgraded window lifters (those bullet proof windows are extremely heavy), maybe for some extra life support systems (I heard about some cars that were protected against chemical attacks too), some defense features like the electric stunt door handles... As extra option it could be the refrigerated compartment or a small fridge (option on some standard cars - 560SELs) and the possibilities could go on and on.
I`m not suprized if the car had 2 batteries! :)

...Is that car in Iran?
Yes, if that paper is genuine!

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts

Yes, if that paper is genuine!
It is. It says Alman customer service.

Tuchah-e Alman is Persian. This place is situated in Gilan, Iran

·
Registered
280S long weelbase
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Iran-alman work shop.Most experienced Workshop of mercedes benz is in tehran. I came there for rapairing.I mean that is armored w126 in Iran?

I asume that the second alternator is requiered due to the excesive use of electricity on the additional equipements as the upgraded window lifters (those bullet proof windows are extremely heavy), maybe for some extra life support systems (I heard about some cars that were protected against chemical attacks too), some defense features like the electric stunt door handles... As extra option it could be the refrigerated compartment or a small fridge (option on some standard cars - 560SELs) and the possibilities could go on and on.
I`m not suprized if the car had 2 batteries!
Assuming you are largely correct. Of course, another possibility is also that Added Alternators May be for more reliablity.
Although I saw an armored w126 that had manual window lifter and it was similar a gearbox .(had some gear to to raise the torque !! I never see like that .

do you know what is that red button ? What is its job?

These photos are of our last meeting in Tehran.About 40 mercedes benz participated.

These are for the gathering last year.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts